Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oswegowind

Site for tones, carriers, and a whole lot of info

16 posts in this topic

And a hyperlink to our Troop here on the Eastern Side of the Hudson River for the State Police:

NYSP Unit Identifiers broken down by Zone/Car in Troop K

Noticed a few cars are missing:

TMC Camaro, Somers K9, TMC K9, Cortlandt Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Van...but not many!

Edited by Oswegowind

Hyper Link to State Thruway Authority:

NY State Thruway Authority

Anyone know (init915?) why the Thruway cars go by that 700 series number decaled on the rear 1/4 panel of the vehicle and not the xTxx number on the vehicle like the rest of the troopers?

The radio system that the state police are on on the thruway is owned and maintained by the thruway authority,that's why you hear the tow trucks and other thruway authority vehicles on it. They assign radio identifiers on it. The state police were given 7000 series numbers.

The radio system that the state police are on on the thruway is owned and maintained by the thruway authority,that's why you hear the tow trucks and other thruway authority vehicles on it. They assign radio identifiers on it. The state police were given 7000 series numbers.

It also goes back to the old radio IDs that the State Police used. The marked cars and the unmarked patrol cars (C.I. or concealed identity) used a 4 digit ID. Troop K cars started with a 9. For example: 9044. Troop T cars started with a 7. Troop F a 6. Troop G with a 8. If I remember correctly BCI cars were 3 digits with the troop # as the first.

Oswegowind,

The numbers on the rear 1/4 panel of the vehicle I believe

are the Post ID of the Trooper car, i.e. 1T20 might say 7037

on the 1/4 panel. That is the Vehicle ID for use on TWAY.

i.e. TWAY Dispatcher "New York to 7037"

State Police TWAY uses the 7's series as mentioned. If the TWAY SP cars

switch to Troop F or Troop K "Troop" channels then they are

identified by "1T20" etc...

cool.gif

Oswegowind,

The numbers on the rear 1/4 panel of the vehicle I believe

are the Post ID of the Trooper car, i.e. 1T20 might say 7037

on the 1/4 panel. That is the Vehicle ID for use on TWAY.

i.e. TWAY Dispatcher "New York to 7037"

State Police TWAY uses the 7's series as mentioned. If the TWAY SP cars

switch to Troop F or Troop K "Troop" channels then they are

identified by "1T20" etc...

cool.gif

Tow Trucks have 500 series numbers, right? i.e "New York to 505"

Would have been nice to have the freq for Lake Carmels' tones. I wanted to do the silly buff thing and put them on my cell phone.

Tow Trucks have 500 series numbers, right? i.e "New York to 505"

I don't know. Maybe the State DOT Tows, i.e. the Tappan Zee clearing team but I don't think the contracted 3rd party services have Tway identifiers. County towing has the contract for the Yonkers Vicinity on the NYS Tway, I will ask them if they communicate with NY on the radio or just on the phone like they do with us.

Yes - all of the tow services are 500 series numbers. This includes the road service vans that run out of the service areas above Harriman.

As AB2SE correctly notes - the 7000 series #s are a throwback to the old SP numbering system - All troops except T made that change over. The licence plates on the cars used to show that # before the current scheme came into use.

And a hyperlink to our Troop here on the Eastern Side of the Hudson River for the State Police:

NYSP Unit Identifiers broken down by Zone/Car in Troop K

Noticed a few cars are missing:

TMC Camaro, Somers K9, TMC K9, Cortlandt Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Van...but not many!

There are many changes since this was created in all three zones.

Just to address Zone 3 for now:

3K1 - Zone Commander - SP Hawthorne (Capt. Meyers)

3K2 - Zone Lt. - SP Hawthorne (Lt. Larkin)

K4- Communications Lt. - TMC (Lt. Hernandez)

3K11-3K19 Hawthorne Patrols

3K21-3K39 plus 3K87 Somers Patrols

3K40-3K41 Mohegan Lake Satelite Patrols

3K42-3K60 plus 3K84 Cortlandt Patrols

K16 - Zone 3 CVEU

3K52 - Duty Zone Sgt SP Hawthorne

3K80 - Somers K9 Drugs

3K82 - Somers K9 Bomb

3K83 - Hawthrone K9 Drugs

3K85 - Cortlandt K9 Bomb

5K24 and 5K111-5K117 Cortlandt BCI

5K102-5K106 Hawthrone BCI

5K81-5K84 and 5K17 Somers BCI

7K371 DEP

7K340-7K347 Town of Lewisboro PD

7K360-7K364 Town of North Salem PD

7K365-7K369 Town of Pound Ridge PD

7K380-7K387 Town of Somers PD

8K22-8K26 State Park Police

2N371-2N377 State Encon PD

Zone 3 no longer has a Camaro, 3K81 was sent to Poughkeepsie and is now 2K97, and 3K87 was replaced with a slick-top Crown Vic like 2 years ago.

As RWC stated, when T-Way cars switch to communicate to Troops K/F/G/D/E/A they switch to the xTxx system, i.e. for pursuits that go from a T-Way road to a non-T-Way road, or if communicating car to car.

ok, i have asked about a thousand different people, most of them troopers this question. I was working an accident in stormville, and a troop car pulled up to the scene, talked to me for a minute, and then proceded through the scene. the Plate number was 1X12, yes i said X. i have been trying to find out where it came from for ages, someone please enlighten me!?

ok, i have asked about a thousand different people, most of them troopers this question. I was working an accident in stormville, and a troop car pulled up to the scene, talked to me for a minute, and then proceded through the scene. the Plate number was 1X12, yes i said X. i have been trying to find out where it came from for ages, someone please enlighten me!?

Executive Services Detail (ESD)

QUOTE(EFFP411 @ Aug 21 2007, 11:58 AM)

Executive Services Detail (ESD)

I don't think i've ever heard of that one before. Can you explain?

Edited by EFFP411

Would have been nice to have the freq for Lake Carmels' tones. I wanted to do the silly buff thing and put them on my cell phone.

is that even possible?