Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oswegowind

NYPD Breathing Air Unit

11 posts in this topic

Have to add that truck to my "to get" photo list. Wonder where it responds from/who staffs it?

Nice Find, Kris!

Hey if it wasn't for your rail rescue link...we would have never known.

Have to add that truck to my "to get" photo list. Wonder where it responds from/who staffs it?

Nice Find, Kris!

i got a few pics of it here http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/index....opic=120&st=180

it was up at esu4 in riverdale not to long ago passed by there a few times and havent seen it. there was a topic about it that it might be in staten island or floyd bennet field with the hazmat truck

It's stationed at Floyd Bennet Field, according to the authority on NYC apparatus.

Boy, would I like to get in there some day and see all the trucks they have there! Seems like quite an aresenal is housed there.

this thing is nicer than some fire service mask service units

What exactly is this vehicle used for?

it probably carries a slew of SCBA bottles and has the ability to fill them as well.

It's stationed at Floyd Bennet Field, according to the authority on NYC apparatus.

Boy, would I like to get in there some day and see all the trucks they have there! Seems like quite an aresenal is housed there.

I haven't been out there since 2001, but they had stuff I never thought any Police Department had, like the ERV which they call an emergency rescue vehicle, I call it a tank. I used to see some of these things up at Camp Smith too.

As long as "Popeye" Kelly is in charge of the NYPD they will invest in stuff like this instead of paying the cops any real money. Too bad the MTA doesn't invest in anything like this.

Edited by MTACOP

There are two of these units in service. One at Floyd Bennett Field and one assigned to hazmat units, Charlie-1 and David-1 in Manhatten. Hazmat Truck 11 is also housed at the field along with lots of NYPD ESU'S toys. The trucks are basically mask services units with refilling stations, with about 50 extra SCBA'S and about 100 spare bottles and a hurst combo tool setup per truck and other hazmat items.