Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Dobbs Ferry New Ambulance?

14 posts in this topic

Apparently, Dobbs Ferry VAC has taken delivery of a Ford F-Super Duty/Lifeline Type 1 ambulance.

This is the photo on LifeLine's site. Appears to be a very nice bus, and if my records are correct, it replaces a 1986 Ford E--350/Lifeline slopeside Type III

[attachmentid=2791]

Does anyone have any more info, or better yet, good photos?

Also note Lifeline is my favorite ambulance brand. They're built like a tank, and with function in mind, and a great electrical system.

(George DFFD227, I'm dissapointed!)

post-11-1179961939.jpg

That is a better pic...like the rear compartment doors but don't like that you lose the rear warning lights once you open them!

Also like this bus:

Chappaqua Ambulance

Sharp looking rig and nice color. They should put the shepparding on the rear in those colors...would spice it up and make it safer!

Quick link for photo:

Dobbs Ferry VAC new Ambulance Delivered

And another:

Pleasantville VAC new Delivery...

Also like this one:

Canterbury Fire Ambulance

Edited by Oswegowind

Other than the commercial services in Westchester is anyone buying anything but PL Custom and Lifeline????? I know we used to see McCoy Miller's and Braun's all over but now it seems that these co's don't get so much Westchester business.

Smart looking rig, best of luck with it. Just curious, was this order placed prior to or after Ford's announcement that the "E" series was to be discontinued?

Thanks for the link...I love that Dobbs Ferry ambulance....hopefully I can get some photos of my own soon of Dobbs, Harrison, and Pleasantville.

Also should mention a lot of the rivertowns of Greenburgh are going with or have Lifelines....their quality sells itself.

Ardsley, Hastings, Dobbs, all have them. Tarrytown I believe operates 2 Brauns, and Irvington has 2 1996/7 PL Customs.

If anyone has any updates to the above pleae post....I hear Hastings is getting a new Lifeline ambulance, and is Irvington looking at something new since their ambulances are 10 years old now?

I see that ford redid the ''E'' series model for 2008, why would they redo the style if the were discontinuing it. ford did do away with the 7.3 liter engine (but kept the 6.0, dumbest move they could make) and went to the 6.4. those were the only changes I am aware of as of now. in the beginning of the year they had some problems with international making them the powerstroke engines but I think everything is ''smooooooooth'' now

Thanks for the link...I love that Dobbs Ferry ambulance....hopefully I can get some photos of my own soon of Dobbs, Harrison, and Pleasantville.

Also should mention a lot of the rivertowns of Greenburgh are going with or have Lifelines....their quality sells itself.

Ardsley, Hastings, Dobbs, all have them. Tarrytown I believe operates 2 Brauns, and Irvington has 2 1996/7 PL Customs.

If anyone has any updates to the above pleae post....I hear Hastings is getting a new Lifeline ambulance, and is Irvington looking at something new since their ambulances are 10 years old now?

Hi, I would be very happy to give you pictures of Pleasantville's new Life Line.

Other than the commercial services in Westchester is anyone buying anything but PL Custom and Lifeline?????  I know we used to see McCoy Miller's and Braun's all over but now it seems that these co's don't get so much Westchester business.

I have been a member of Pleasantville VAC for 19 years where we only had Brauns and Hortons. The last one, a 1999 Horton, was a big disappointment. I still feel Brauns are the "Cadillac of ambulances". But we were very impressed with Life Line's quality, their salesman, and their service; therefore we chose to give Life Line a shot. McCoy Miller is the "lower priced" ambulance sold by Braun - and the price reflected the quality.

Best of Luck to Dobbs Ferry on their new ambulance!

McCoy Miller is the "lower priced" ambulance sold by Braun - and the price reflected the quality.

I don't know if that is right. I know that Cortlandt VAC used to buy McCoy Miller's strictly prior to their New PL Custom. I never did think they were cheap in any way, other than some minor electrical output problems that were because of the established load conditions (i.e. 2 light bars and such!) Trust me, if they were the lower priced Braun, then CCVAC was getting ripped off!!!!

On a side note, remember all of the McCoy Millers that FDNY rejected after awarding them the contract a few years ago!

Braun and McCoy Miller are separate companies. Both sold by the same dealer in New Jersey.

The lifelines ambo's are pretty good looking rigs I noticed Harrington Park NJ on the link you gave This is a pretty sharp looking bus i have seen in person Also while we are talking about Ambo's Englewood volunteer ambulnace EVAC has taken delivery of a new Freightliner Medic Master ( Their first) Fort Lee runs 3 and Teaneck runs 2

Just noticed that Mohegan FDVAC has ordered a Lifeline Ambulance:

Taken from the EFR website:

Mohegan Vol. Fire Assoc. Ambulance Corps, Inc., Mohegan Lake, NY

The Mohegan Vol. Fire Assoc. Ambulance Corps has ordered their first Life Line, a 167" Superliner on a E-450 chassis. This unit will have 72" interior headroom, On-Spot automatic snow chains, backboards mounted to the inside of the rear curbside compartment door, dual rear switch panels, 1000-watt inverter, modular body power door locks, dual-tone siren, LED emergency lighting, restocking interior cabinets, EVS attendant seat with built-in child restraint, and hydraulic oxygen lift.

Link:

Upcoming Deliveries!