Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
helicopper

Member Numbers

13 posts in this topic

A while back EMTBravo posted that there were 733 verified members (I assume that this number has gone up some). There are a total of 5690 total members.

My question is (and verified members will have to speculate with me since non-verified members can't post) why are there so many members but so few verified members?

Don't the other 4900 members have questions, comments, input, ideas, etc.?

Come on, get verified and join the discussions. I don't think I can handle too many more sideways storm trooper posts! cool.giftongue.gif

1st of all please address him as Darth Vader's star fleet commander! biggrin.gif

Secondly, some people just want to join to view the images, or whatever else their reason is. However, some people don't like to join forums due to BS on them (Gee, thanks Firehouse.com!) I gotta thank Joe (IzzyEng4) for explaining that on the New England forums.

Mike

Edited by Future Fireman

We currently have 762 Verified Members.

I thank and completly agree with Chris192's statement.....I wish more members, or "lurkers", would become Verified, and start posting. I know there's a million reasons that those who aren't verified have for not posting, but I don't buy any of them. There's a wealth of knowledge on this forum, and I wish more would share it. I know there are people that complain about the "BS" of this forum, but if you look at the big picture, there is some really great stuff that happens because of this forum....and I have be witness to a lot of it. Look for a Verified Member drive coming soon.

If you're not Verified, here's more information about getting Verified:

http://emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopic=14582

For those that don't know, you MUST be Verified to post on these forums. Verified Member profiles are regularly audited, and we encourage members to report other members who are missing required information in their profiles. All members who report will be kept confidential and anonymous, and we appreciate the help.

BTW, I thank all the awesome members of this site for their continued support of me and these websites.

We have over 1,000 members and guests visiting daily (unique hits)

P.S. If you're a GUEST, why not register today, so you can take advantage of the many membership features, such as customizing the forum to your liking, subscribe to topics or forum sections, use the member Private Message system, etc. Registration for regular membership is free and simple. Join today!

-Seth, AKA EMTBravo AKA x635

EMAIL: EMTBravo@EMTBravo.com

CEO, The EMTBravo Group

We currently have 762 Verified Members.

Look for a Verified Member drive coming soon.

What's the prize for the guy that recruits the most?

Mike

jk

i've been a member since 3/06 (i know a late emtbravo bloomer!). but i only wanted to see the pics and the incident reports. only a few months ago i began reading the forums...and WOW they're all great forums!

somedays you agree w/ people, somedays you disagree. somedays you really REALLY piss people off and other days people can really piss you off, but guess what...

PD, FD and EMS is serious stuff...we're verified members because we're serious and passionate about what we do. there are many things to learn about and many things to vent about...GET VERIFIED!

I started out a lowly guest, only mainly going onto EMTBravo.com to look at picks of recent incidents, usually close to me, when friends told me they were up on the site.

It took me almost a year to sign up and start reading the forums (once I figured out out about the Forums that was.)

From there, I was quite and seclusive for the first few months, posting an IA here and there, but I started seeing some really good stuff being discussed, and my curiosity got the better of me, and I began posting.

Its all been downhill from there, lol!!!

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

This is a great forum and so are New England and SoCal. Members who are not verified should realize that even the littlest suggestions and comments can spark a good discussion and express different points of views. I'm not an old dog yet but I've definitely learned a from different view points which is good because this is a service that you area constantly learning.

We have so many members and I feel that some have strayed away and others are just lurkers. Come on and get verified, you opinion is just as important as mine or anyone else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You'll will be assimilated, resistance is futile!" biggrin.gif

Come on, get verified and join the discussions.  I don't think I can handle too many more sideways storm trooper posts!    cool.gif  tongue.gif

That is not bad but the MYSPACE like Personal Ad pic is killing me.

Just kidding but funny!

I have been a member for a while myself but just started recently joining discussions. I have learned allot and enjoy the topics.

That is not bad but the MYSPACE like Personal Ad pic is killing me. 

Just kidding but funny! 

I have been a member for a while myself but just started recently joining discussions.  I have learned allot and enjoy the topics.

Hey, don't knock my "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" monkeys!!! They keep me from getting into TOO much trouble!!! lol

somedays you agree w/ people, somedays you disagree.  somedays you really REALLY  piss people off and other days people can really piss you off, but guess what...

PD, FD and EMS is serious stuff...we're verified members because we're serious and passionate about what we do.  there are many things to learn about and many things to vent about...GET VERIFIED!

Very well said!!! That's why I started posting and I'm absolutely certain that I've done all of the above!!! biggrin.gif

We should all be adults and even when people aren't the number of counter-productive posts are far outnumbered by the people posting genuine questions, answers or comments. The forum moderators do a great job of minimizing the BS too.

We may not always agree with each other but we can always learn something from another viewpoint.

Stop lurking!!! cool.gif

somedays you agree w/ people, somedays you disagree.  somedays you really REALLY  piss people off and other days people can really piss you off, but guess what...

PD, FD and EMS is serious stuff...we're verified members because we're serious and passionate about what we do.  there are many things to learn about and many things to vent about...GET VERIFIED!

Very well said. Most of us are type A personalities who expect to be able to control our situations, and when it doesn't we don't like it at all. As the idiot that wouldn't stop for LAPD stated, "Can't we all just get along??"

Get involved and ask questions, as stated there's a wealth of knowledge on all the EMTBravo boards. We're all here to help each other.

I don't think I ever got verified, but I joined a long time ago. I never post, only lurk. I don't know why I don't post, there's not much I can contribute.

Edited by futurama08

I don't think I ever got verified, but I joined a long time ago. I never post, only lurk. I don't know why I don't post, there's not much I can contribute.

Do you not have questions to be answered?

Mike