An Interesting (to say the least) Demers Ambo

9 posts in this topic

Webster EMS front view

Rear View

Interior full length

Control Panel

Interior view 2

Interior View 3

Check out all of the photos, especially the rear one...what is with the tail lights? Never saw anything like that! And no bench area??? Three bucket seats??? What about ability to transport 2 victims?...Seems like a pretty poorly designed unit!

Edited by Oswegowind

Webster EMS - Lifeline Van Ambulance

Check out all of the photos, especially the rear one...what is with the tail lights?  Never saw anything like that!  And no bench area??? Three bucket seats???  What about ability to transport 2 victims?...Seems like a pretty poorly designed unit!

I think (if memory serves and that's questionable) that studies have shown that the bucket seats with three point restraints are the safest for the responders in the back of the ambulance.

Safer for us, second ambulance for the other victim. Seems like a reasonable guess.

Never saw anything about that...but you do make sense (punk*).

im pretty sure it's a demers, not a lifeline. eastford fire and rescue sells both.

im pretty sure it's a demers, not a lifeline. eastford fire and rescue sells both.

Yeah, missed that originally...found it in the description.

I don't like it. What a strange lighting package.

That's a Demers Millenium model. Supposed to be an alternative to a full size modular, not unlike the Mini-Mod that Wheeled Coach sold back in the 90's. Has a composite body too. Enosburgh (VT) has 1. Picture posted on www.firenews.org in VT apparatus list.

What a strange lighting package.

I've seen that light package in photos of Canadian rigs, but not many here in the states.