Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest seanc

Mysterious police truck

14 posts in this topic

user posted image

sorry for it being both blurry and b&w, i was at school taking pictures with my 35mm film camera, in b&w and saw this rolling by, i managed to take a quick picture of it, didn't quite get focus all the way

anyway anyone have a clue as to what this vehicle is, i know the picture is blurry but their are some camera's on top of it, and it has police written on the side

hard to really tell...but it almost looks like "Emergency Service" underneath where it says police...but yea it is pretty blurry so...

Where are you going to school?

Have you thought to look up that local/county PD on the web?

Google can solve many questions!

[attachmentid=2818]IT's an NYPD ESU truck. I've attached a link of a picture that looks exaclty like that truck.

post-3300-1180490174.jpg

here's another pic

post-3300-1180490219.jpg

thats the truck, well maby the same type, i go to ossining, and i asked alot of the local cops and such and haven't gotten any help

It looks like an armor car, NYPD has one, it was used here in westchester. It was about 10 years ago maybe more,there was a hostage sititution in the lower county area, a Westchester police officer was shoot during it, NYPD was called in with the Armor Car, it transported ESU to pull out the shot officer and I think deploy memebers of NYPD ESU closer to the scene. Actually NYPD version looks like a Army transport (at least the one they used back then) They also used to have what they called a Tank I think. It looks like a small tank but at the end of the turret was a ram. Dont know if they have it still.

Edited by calhobs

Current? Former? NYPS ESU ERV 2

user posted image

LAPD Armored Personnel Carrier with ram bar (gotta love the smile.gif on the front of the ram!!)

user posted image

It's an Armored Truck same as used by Armored Car companies such as Brinks, CDC, ,Dunbar, American, Loomis Fargo, Etc....

[attachmentid=2820]

Various PD's buy them from Armored Car manufacturers and they are converted into Special Ops Police vehicles. (add all the toys)

If it was in Ossining it was prob going to or from Camp Smith in Peekskill where

NYPD SOD/ESU does a lot of training.

cool.gif

post-3-1180510115.jpg

The truck pictured is NYPD ESU's POT TRUCK

It is one of 2 trucks built the same in the world and the only one of it's kind in the United States. It's capabilities are kept quiet for tactical reasons.

ESS3 Maintaines the unit.

As Toy Buff said POT vehicle...used at least once in Mt. Vernon on a hostage job about 5-6 years ago... Some Empress crew went in with MVPD and NYPD ESU to grab a pregnant female out of the 1st floor apt of the same bldg who called 911 to say she was in labor...hard to be in labor when you are 3 mo's pregnant though!

Photo of this unit is currently posted as feature photo on EMTBravo.com.

Thanks to jjpinto for the photo.

When I was there it stood for Photo Observation Truck. It may have changed in the last few years.