Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

The Fire Helmet Camera

8 posts in this topic

The Fire Helmet Camera Company is one of EMTBravo's newest sponsors. I never knew of this type of device being marketed to the fire service, but I must say, it's AWESOME! Could be a GREAT learning tool!

Check it out-what do you think?

http://www.firehelmetcam.net/

IMO - It's a great idea BUT............. I suspect the resolution and noise will be so bad it will probably provide next to useless images.... This is one of those situations were the technology isn't good enough (YET) to support the idea.....

check the site before you assume anything. Video and audio both look pretty good. The music bed makes the audio tough to hear, but its pretty clear.

I don't want to sand bag the thing but I'm a techie and I probably have higher expectations than most...... I guess it's kinda like when digital cameras first came out.... I didn't go digital until they were to a point where they actually competed with film for image quality.... Double the res and frame rate on this thing and maybe I'll bite.... I had seen this when it first came out ~ 9 months ago and my opinion hasn't changed...... It is a GREAT idea but for me, the resolution, FPS, and low light performance isn't there yet...... But then again, there isn't anything better out there that I have seen with the exception of using a cumbersome hi-res video camera with a wireless transmitter. Wouldn't it be neat if everybody had one of these on their helmet at an incident and they were time synced and then you could edit all the videos together.... Are you going to buy one and show me what it can do?

i have one of these and it works great... awsome sound and records super clear...even on the medium resolution still takes great video.... and i agree its a great learning tool...

Any idea how much these things cost ? The video's shown on their website may not be Network Quality, but clear enough to get the point across.

This might be a great Training Tool.

Pretty Slick............

On the Website the 2 GB kit is $159.95 and the 1 GB kit is $149.95.

On the Website the 2 GB kit is $159.95 and the 1 GB kit is $149.95.

Thanks right there where I wasn't looking, duh.