Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gpdexplorer

Yonkers FD E-299

6 posts in this topic

Can any of the Yonkers guys explain to me Engine 299, a Mack CF. I saw it the FTC today. I'm guessing that it is the engine that is used for training so front line pieces don't have to be taken OOS. I also noticed that there didn't appear to be any hose in the hose bed.

I'll try to get a pic of it if I see it again.

Thanx

The numbers 299, 298 & 297 we will be using for training for the next few months before the rigs are disposed of (as well as L-67 & 68) once they are designated for training they will not see fire duty again!

Does that mean that after a few months the designations of E-297/8/9, L-67/8 won't exist until further down the road, or will the be replaced by other apparatus?

Does that mean that after a few months the designations of E-297/8/9, L-67/8 won't exist until further down the road, or will the be replaced by other apparatus?

They will be in & out based on need and seviceablity.

There is a picture of 299 in the apparatus section under the thread of "yonkers spare pool", I took it about about a month or so ago.

Training isn't done with the dept's usual trucks? Aren't those guys o.o.s. while training anyway or is this for addtional training outside regular work hours while allowing the regular crews to keep in service?