Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grumpy

Riot? In Newburgh

10 posts in this topic

Anyone have more info on a reported riot in Newburgh last night ?

Anyone have more info on a reported riot in Newburgh last night ?

Say it isn't so...a riot...in Newburgh? That could never happen in a city full of such fine, law abiding, upstanding citizens....... blink.gif

Edited by emt301

From the Times Herald Record

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/.../NEWS/705190354

Cops called to major street melee

June 11, 2007

Newburgh — City police in riot gear were called to William and Benkard streets in the city's East End Sunday night to quell a large fight.

Authorities believe as many as 1,000 people may have been involved in the disturbance, which involved a large number of people returning from the Puerto Rican Day parade in New York City.

Initially, the gathering was peaceful, an extension of the day-long festivities in New York. But the scene turned ugly when some in the crowd attacked local police, authorities said.

At least four people were arrested.

Police said there were no serious injuries or property damage, but are looking into the cause of the disruption.

Look for further details in tomorrow's Times Herald-Record.

What, No photo's ? You're slacking....... wink.gif

What, No photo's ?  You're slacking....... wink.gif

Um, be my guest...you have to be one brave fool to do that!

Haha!

The danger comes with the territory (job definition, not demographic, or geographic) tongue.gif

Us fools that run into burning buildings, but the fear of a thousand people? C'mon now! Hahaha!!!

Authorities believe as many as 1,000 people may have been involved in the disturbance, which involved a large number of people returning from the Puerto Rican Day parade in New York City
SHOCKING!!!

Newburgh having problems?

I think you are all LYING! lol

OK, Did I miss something?

As many as 1,000 people may have been involved in the disturbance

ONLY 4 arrests?

Bust out the Flex Cuffs, Dis-Con EVERYONE and Greyhound Coach

there asses right to JAIL!!! biggrin.gif

I don't suppose ALCOHOL played ANY roll in this "Disturbance" ???

Better there than on 5th Avenue or in Central Park like what happened a few years ago.

PS the view for that parade was always better in front of the Manhattan Dispatchers office.

Unfortunately this incident has been making national news.... Supposedly a woman's infant daughter was maced........ They interviewed the woman and the Newburgh Police Chief Eric Paolilli....... She say's it was intentional and he says that it was over spray....... I say it's a buch of crap..... What sane parent would have their infant in the middle of something like this...... She's to blame 100%....... The only person I didn't see interviewed is Big AL but I'm sure he'll be feeding off this shortly ....... I feel for the infant and it's too bad they can't do something to the mother for endangering the welfare of a child....... So sad....

Unfortunately this incident has been making national news.... Supposedly a woman's infant daughter was maced........  They interviewed the woman and the Newburgh Police Chief Eric Paolilli.......  She say's it was intentional and he says that it was over spray....... I say it's a buch of crap.....  What sane parent would have their infant in the middle of something like this...... She's to blame 100%....... The only person I didn't see interviewed is Big AL but I'm sure he'll be feeding off this shortly ....... I feel for the infant and it's too bad they can't do something to the mother for endangering the welfare of a child....... So sad....

I heard thru the grapevine that the infant in question was weilding a rattle. Any confirmation?!

In all seriousness, when you have a group of 1,000 or so, it has got to be difficult for the handful of Cops (and Troopers) there to control that large of a crowd. I say let them beat some people and teach everyone a lesson. Respect the law or get the f*** out of this country! This applies to all people, the Law Enforcement community has a tough enough job making the taxpayers happy, keeping scumbags off the streets and enforcing V&T laws - they don't need this added garbage!!!!

Next time bring in the National Guard, let them whoop some a** and show the footage EVERYWHERE in EVERY LANGUAGE so people GET IT!!!!