Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SageVigiles

NYPD ESU P.O.T. Unit?

7 posts in this topic

I was wondering about the ESU vehicle that jjpinto posted on the website.

What is its purpose, its it just an armored response vehicle for ESU, similar to a Peacekeeper or APC?

How many are there? One for every Squad?

Where are they located?

What special features (if any) does it have?

Sage...what does P.O.T. stand for?

ESS3 Maintains the POT Truck and it is an overgrown APC. It's technical capabilities and components are kept quiet due to tactical considerations. It is one of a kind and the only one in the USA. It is said that 2 were made and one went to a third world country.

I was watching TV the other night, one of those SWAT reality shows - Dallas, KC, or somewhere, and I could swear that there was a quick shot of a vehicle that at least looked an awful lot like this one in the credits - looked more or less like a large bank-style armored car, with a six or eight sided turret on the top, so I wonder if there have been additional units, or maybe just similar ones built.

Edited by DOC22

Wonder if it has the cellphone blocker thing in it...It has enought cameras though...and does the floor open up ?????

what does P.O.T stand for? Anyone? Anyone? Bueler? Bueler?

POT stands for Photo Observation Truck. There is an old one out at ESU base in Floyd Bennett Field. It was built by the members of the ESU Shop. That one hasn't been used in many years.