Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

Posts Per Day

34 posts in this topic

I think the question of quality posting has already been answered almost by it's own question. Look at the replies to this thread, all are of substance, all express opinions, and none of them are only a few words long. To me, as a reader, that is what helps make a thread a good one, when all the participants contribute something meaningful or to put it another way of quality. Posts that ammount to little more than a "What He Said" or a "Yeah Cool" are the ones that obviously were intended to increas post count, and I haven't seen those around here. I have seen them frequently on some other non emergency service forums I post on.

As for the points, why not try it out, really the true test of the system will be in what the prizes are. In the first few days we will all watch out totals climb and then we will likely level off. Once the first person wins a prize people will either start aiming for the next one if it is a cool prize or ignor it if they don't like the prize(s).

I think the question of quality posting has already been answered almost by it's own question. Look at the replies to this thread, all are of substance, all express opinions, and none of them are only a few words long. To me, as a reader, that is what helps make a thread a good one, when all the participants contribute something meaningful or to put it another way of quality. Posts that ammount to little more than a "What He Said" or a "Yeah Cool" are the ones that obviously were intended to increas post count, and I haven't seen those around here. I have seen them frequently on some other non emergency service forums I post on.

As for the points, why not try it out, really the true test of the system will be in what the prizes are. In the first few days we will all watch out totals climb and then we will likely level off. Once the first person wins a prize people will either start aiming for the next one if it is a cool prize or ignor it if they don't like the prize(s).

Exactly what I was looking for brother...I was getting tired of all the posts from people saying insignificant things like "My words exactly" but than they dont add something else or elaborate a bit more. They basically lay in wait for someone to say it for them, see how people react to it, than finally chime in allowing those of us who do post to take the brunt of the criticism.

I agree, posts should contain substance, info, knowledge, advice...ANYTHING we can learn from. Thank You.

Maybe not in the right spot but what about points for signing on and using the site period? Like for each day someone logs in and checks it out, they get 1 point, but can only get 1 per day not just keep logging in and out and if they read an important section they could get a 1/2 point for at least participating by seeing what others have to say...some people learn but don't post just cause they liked what they read or just want to read...This is gonna cost me points ain't it?