Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PC_420

Happy Independence Day

9 posts in this topic

231 **** years and we aren't going anywhere.

"Is life precious or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery!

Forbid it Almighty God, I know not what course others may take,

But as for me, Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death!"

Patrick Henry speaking to the Virginia House of Burgesses, 1775

Edited by EMTbravo
Language Violation, Term Removed

Happy Independence Day everyone. For those like me who are on duty, stay safe in all you do.

Here, here! A Happy Independence Day to all, A BIG THANK YOU to Our Dedicated Troops who risk Life and Limb to preserve our Independence. And to all Emergency Workers on duty Stay safe today and every day. And God Bless those who made the Supreme Sacrifice.

Happy birthday America.

And good night Chesty Puller...wherever you are.

If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag. ~Author Unknown

"Don't Tread On Me!"

Happy Independence Day and remember all that have done well for our country and those who have given the supreme sacrifice protecting the lives of every citizens anf those wanting to become citizens.

Enjoy your day and stay safe out there!

Happy 4th to all. Those that have the day off, enjoy the BBQs and fireworks. To those in the field, like myself, stay safe and be vigilant. To the men and women in the armed forces, thank you and god bless.

Some quotes:

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." ~ JFK

"Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime." ~ Adlai Stevenson

"Today we did what we had to do. They counted on America to be passive. They counted wrong." ~ Ronald Reagan

"The United States is like giant boiler. Once the fire is lighted under it, there is no limit to the power it can generate." - Winston Churchill

Edited by Goose

Some of my favorite quotes regarding this holiday, which also reflect the spirit of this site:

"No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots."- Barbara Ehrenreich

"My Country! When right keep it right; when wrong, set it right!"-Carl Schurz

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it."-Edward R. Murrow

"You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism." ~Erma Bombeck

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." ~William J. Clinton

"Freedom is never free." ~Author Unknown

WELL HAPPY FORTH OF JULY AND HAVE SAFE ONE!!!! "freedom is not free it comes with a price"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD EVERY ONE ENJOY THE HOLIDAY AND STAY SAFE!!!