Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

Mount Vernon Promotion Issue

9 posts in this topic

So, what happened to the thread going about the insanity ongoing in Mount Vernon?!

I won't deny the fact that it is a somewhat sensitive subject, but to me it seems as though it was squashed too soon.

I don't get why if today you choose to promote from the list that is still good that people can't accept it? Especially if there are qualified people up for the job?

I'm sure there is all kinds of politics going on down there, but promotional sagas aren't exactly specific to this one incident and certainly not to just Mount Vernon.

My take on that, and the whole system anymore is that the right people keep getting screwed. It almost isn't worth the aggrivation to try and get on a job around here anymore. I almost feel as though the money spent on exams over the years has been a waste. It could also be because I'm sleepy and a little crabby right now.

Anyone else have thoughts on this subject?

I'm with you 585 as usual. I saw no need for that thread to be taken down. There were many positive things said about the issue. If someone or someones getting stupid then take down their posts and leave the thread. What is being done is in itself a misjustice and is shaking the core root of what a promotional test and process is supposed to be and that is by merit.

I'll be the first to admit that at times the things I say push the boundaries, but the promotion thread in general was far from becoming angry or hateful last I read it. What was I missing?

It seems that we are spending so much of our time trying to be PC (politically correct), that we are beginning to forget how to be just that, correct.

here's the scoop-the 11th hour claim that the vulcans put into the city of MV was a good block,it went to the MV law dept 7/6/07, on 7/9/07 the MV civil service board was given the green light to activate the new list effective on 7/10/07.at the meeting the representative from the law dept. stated that they(law dept) had not done any research or investigation into the claim that the vulcans put in (what a surprise!). oh well,you win some and you lose some, SEE YOU IN COURT!!!

here's the scoop-the 11th hour claim that the vulcans put into the city of MV was a good block,it went to the MV law dept 7/6/07, on 7/9/07 the MV civil service board was given the green light to activate the new list effective on 7/10/07.at the meeting the representative from the law dept. stated that they(law dept) had not done any research or investigation into the claim that the vulcans put in (what a surprise!). oh well,you win some and you lose some, SEE YOU IN COURT!!!

Give it to them, how is the ice fishing?

DC2T

So, what happened to the thread going about the insanity ongoing in Mount Vernon?!

maybe the vulcans wrote a letter?

Who cares anymore! It's old news already, just like most of the $hit that goes on in the Dept.. Most guys are already concerning themselves with the next Contract. Please GOD let us get a 24hr. Work Schedule!

The power that "fraternal organizations" can exert over a municipality never ceases to amaze me. Why don't the unions have this much clout - at least they represent ALL the members!