Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goose

City of Poughkeepsie Fire new HQ and E3

11 posts in this topic

So I’m just curious to see if anyone has any updates on the new public safety building and future home of Station 2? Must say the building looks pretty darn nice from the street, and i haven't seen much activity inside, with the exception of the spiffy new sign that was installed on the front lawn. It's my understanding that along w/ the PD, FD administrative offices will be moved to Main St. as well. Also heard that they will be hosting EMT classes out of there as well. Any truth to this?

Also, heard the other day that the training on Engine 3 is nearing completion and getting ready to be put into service. So when’s the big day?

Anyhow, i can say that I’m glad to see Station 2 get a new home and best of luck with the new truck and facilities. I appreciate the stellar hard work you guys do out there!

Edited by Goose

In the process of switching over to the new E3 as we type!

I may have the honor of dispatching it's first run!

NICE! Can't wait to see it out in the street, its sister, Engine 1 is a sharp looking rig.

Congratulations to a well deserving PFD! So now i'm gonna hear Engine 1, 2, 3 Truck 1, Tower 2 respond....

keeping those fingers crossed for a job in Engine 3 area tonight :P

Congratulations to a well deserving PFD! So now i'm gonna hear Engine 1, 2, 3 Truck 1, Tower 2 respond....

keeping those fingers crossed for a job in Engine 3 area tonight :P

Well...you MAY hear 1,2,4...........a few more times...........Old habits.....

1547; E3's maiden voyage - electrical fire, 35 Academy St!

Edited by Ole129K

E3 and Ladder 1 took in the MVA last night as well.

Edited by Goose

E1 is awesome, I have been meaning trying to snap shots of the new building which is beautiful...

Also heard that they will be hosting EMT classes out of there as well. Any truth to this?

The Fall 2007 DCC EMT-B class location is City Fire, doesn't state which station, but Main is the only station I could imagine it being at.

The Fall 2007 DCC EMT-B class location is City Fire, doesn't state which station, but Main is the only station I could imagine it being at.

507 Main Street for EMT class which is the new Station.

Edited by SPFC56-233