Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Zuki

YONKERS FD RIGS STORED ON ON SAW MILL RIVER ROAD?

8 posts in this topic

Saw a bunch of YFD rigs stored in a fenced in lot on Saw Mill River Road at Axminster Street.

Is this is new storage facility for the YFD ???

Thank You.

Dr. Zuki

Lawrence Hospital

Although I am not sure either, this might be the temporary location that YFD is using to store the Special Operations Division Rigs (Reserve Rigs and Spec Ops Rigs) that used to be stored up at Ridge Hill, since the development up at Ridge Hill must be starting. Can anyone within YFD confirm this? Any photos of this new site?

Although I am not sure either, this might be the temporary location that YFD is using to store the Special Operations Division Rigs (Reserve Rigs and Spec Ops Rigs) that used to be stored up at Ridge Hill, since the development up at Ridge Hill must be starting. Can anyone within YFD confirm this? Any photos of this new site?

I can't confirm anything about the YFD but I can confirm that construction has started with gusto up at Ridge Hill. Tree clearing, blasting, foundation being dug - all in the past couple of weeks.

From what I have been able to gather this is where a movie production company is keeping its emergency vehicles for an upcoming movie. If you look in the yard you will also see police and ems as well.

bob803

These are not prop film vehicles. They are the real ones used by YFD.

Maybe you are thinking of the lot on Tuckahoe Road opposite Shop Rite?

Is that where you saw prop film vehicles perhaps?

Most of the big feature films are up in Connecticut right now.

Thanks

Dr. Zuki

Dr. Zuki - I believe you are correct when stating that the location off of Tuckahoe Road are "Prop Vechicles" used by the Movie and TV Production Company located there. As far as the location off of Saw Mill River Road, that might be a better location for YFD to store and maintain their Reserve Rigs, in case they are needed to placed into service, in case of a Serious Multiple Alarm Fire or General Emergency, than the Old Ridge Hill Site was. The Saw Mill River Road location is more centrally located within the City. I am not sure if this site will also be used by YFD Special Operations to replace the Ridge Hill Bunker. I am sure that someone within YFD may know more about this.

Nope, he's right, the rigs are sitting in a lot on Saw Mill River Rd. A bunch of spares, trailers, the hazmat decon and command units are there.

The lot on Saw Mill River Road, between Axminster and Ashburton, is being used to park YFD's Reserve Rigs and Special Operations Units now that construction has begun at Ridge Hill.