Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ONEEYEDMIC

Funeral for P.O. Russell Timoshenko

8 posts in this topic

So yesterday a few guys from my job went to Brooklyn for PO TIMOSHENKO'S funeral. We met at HQ with some of our WHEEL GUYS then went to the 1st Precinct in Yonkers to meet with the rest of the WHEEL guys and others from YPD going to the Funeral. YPD charted a HUGE LUXURY BUS and followed with a Tahoe. It was awesome on the ride down. I would have to say there were at least 15-20 Motorcycles and bunch of POLICE CARS from different DEPT's. I was the Tail car which was great because I wouldn't ANY traffic by us. The Wheel Guys who to me are the NUTS and I can say that because I know a bunch of them were great. Closing intersections, getting us over the bridge for FREE. It seems that by the time we got to the Brooklyn exit there were about 30 Bikes and I dont' know how many PD cars along with guys in their POV's. I would only let them in if I could see their Shield and/or uniform. Traffic was backed up for MILES. Anyway we got there and we stood around for a long time. Ceremony was over and we were on our way home when I heard one of our WHEEL guys on our radio doing a prisoner TXP from out DEPT. First of all, our radios don't even work in our town yet they were working CRYSTAL CLEAR IN BROOKLYN. So we called the WHEEL GUY and asked how he got home so fast.

We sat in Traffic it seemed like hours. He told us that HIGHWAY 1 came over to the WHEEL guys and told them by ORDER OF THE POLICE COMMISHONER NO OUTSIDE AGENCY COULD RIDE. HIGHWAY 1 was extremely apologetic to everyone so they left. They should have put that on the FILE 25 when the announcments came out. I guess this is for any or all you WHEEL GUYS that might have been down there yesterday and know the story better.

RIP OFFICER TIMOSHENKO

I forgot to add that BOSTON PD had some of their WHEEL GUYS THERE yesterday as well. Although I can't STAND THE RED SOX, That was awesome. We passed them on the WHITESTONE in their SPECIAL OPERATIONS MOTORCYCLE UNIT TRAILER. Big shout all to all the PD's and some FD's that came out for support.

It was really nice to stare at the side of a city bus for 3 hours too.

How about. OKAY LINE UP. Then stand around in the heat with nobody telling us what was going on. At least I had some laughs.

How about. OKAY LINE UP. Then stand around in the heat with nobody telling us what was going on. At least I had some laughs.

Same thing happened at ff Pujdak's funeral. Its a daunting task organizing that many people on such short notice. Luckily we're not so practiced at it that we've got all the kinks worked out. Thats pretty twisted that all the motorized were sent packing. Any explanation as to why the commissioner decided to be so prickish.

It's unfortunate but most MOS finerals get f***ed up by the bosses. It's their inability to let common sense prevail, and they cannot resist the opportunity to make themselves shine. When things go well, it's unnoticed, when it gets f***ed, it's the pawns like us who notice.

It's stories like this that allow us all to blow off a little stress, while honoring one of our own. As far as the Commish, F*** him and his staff for failing to notify other agencies. Back in the day the HWY boss would have ignored the information and took the a** chewing.

post-6632-1186959345.jpg

I did hear something about this. Althought I was not ON THE WHEEL that day, i heard it from another guy I know. That happened a while back, we went to do a FDNY funeral and that was when the "war" was hot and heavy between PD and FD, we were told that we werent needed and thanked for coming down. Kind of disheartening. Who gives a S#$# what the bosses think, its all about the deceased and their family, this is their day to shine and every piece of equipment should be put out! When I go out I want the biggest, baddest procession there is!

if you can't bend the rules to honor your own...what good are you??