Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Code 3 Collectibles Aqquired By Matrix Holdings

2 posts in this topic

From Larry Lorrance, posted on his site FireEngines.net (a great resource for diecast emergency services vehicle collectors)

I can't say this comes as a suprise, I was expecting this to happen at some point. I hope it will be true that they breathe new life into the company, and at least they didn't go out of business.

Code 3 and Funrise were aquired by Matrix Holdings Ltd.

I ask Scott Schellhase about this. I received the following email from Scott:

“Yes Larry it is true that Funrise and Code 3 have been sold to a public company that owns several other toy interests around the world. These types of acquisitions are usually viewed negatively but I can honestly say this one will have benefits for Code3. The new management team wants Code 3 to continue in Fire and Rescue and expand into other vehicle categories. They have already authorized several new hiring’s and new tooling and marketing budgets are being put in place right now. After 11 great years with the company I have decided to move on to pursue other interests and in fact will be leaving Los Angeles to move closer to family. I have been asked by management to lead the hiring process for my replacements in Funrise and Code 3 and we are actively interviewing potential candidates right now. I take great pride in knowing that we developed Code 3 from just an idea into something that was always so much more than a business. I am also proud of all the fundraising we were able to do along the way to give back to the firefighting community. I have no doubt with a commitment of putting the right resources in place Code 3 is positioned for a new level of growth which will benefit collectors greatly.”

I hope you are right Seth. Matrix Holdings definately needs to revive Code 3. How about some new molds and releasing more than 1 or 2 releases a month. I think Code 3 was missing the boat by not doing more of the Vintage rigs. The Mack C'S and CF'S are nice but how about some older ALF'S, Seagraves and such. I have a definate interest in this since I have close to 100 Code 3 rigs in my collection.