Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ONEEYEDMIC

Celebrities And The Law

11 posts in this topic

How is it that all these CELEBRITIES can get away with breaking the law? Nicole Richie gets 4 days in JAIL for her 2ND DUI. Paris Hilton did whatever time she did but was given food that no other prisoners got and she was able to use a cell phone when others weren't. These things were provided for her by CO's who were probably "taken" care of by her parents for helping her out. Britney Spears is seen in the paper holding her young child on her lap as she drives down the road. And how can we overlook the LOVLEY LINDSEY LOHAN. She avoids jail by going into rehab which obviously didn't work. She then gets out and get caught again DUI and possesion of COCAINE. There are plenty of other CELEBRITIES and ATHELETS who get away with whatever they want.

If it was me or anybody else that got arrested for DUI and it was my second offense I would most likely be looking at JAIL time. I don't think that the JUDGE would let me enter a PROGRAM for a problem that I said that I had. I am sick and tired of all these FAMOUS people being treated different. When are people going to show some B*lls and stick up to these people?

I know that money talks and the good lawyers can get these people off but then that means that the LEO's aren't making a good enough case.

I know that money talks and the good lawyers can get these people off but then that means that the LEO's aren't making a good enough case.

Mic,

That says it all. While you and I cannot afford a decent lawyer, the minute one of these so-called celebrities get in a pickle they lawyer up. And it's usually someone like Cochran, who has no qualms about doing whatever it takes to keep their client out of jail/prison.

Edited by RescueKujo

I know that most good DEFENSE Attorneys are "ON THE DARK SIDE" and are also paid very well to get their clients off but don't they have conscience? I guess if I was in trouble I would want the best DEFENSE possible but the line has to be drawn somewhere.

I think that this Country should have a PROFESSIONAL JURY SYSTEM. Jurors that are trained to be experts in certain aspects. IE: In a homicide most lawyers on both sides introduce DNA evidence I truly believe that most people on a JURY don't understand what anybody is talking about. It is hard for us who understand somewhat what is going on. How do we expect these ROCKET SCIENTISTS to figure it out. I know that if I was only getting paid $6 a day I would not be interested in what was going on in front of me.

Nicole Richie gets 4 days in JAIL for her 2ND DUI.

I believe that the 4 days in jail is CA law for a second DUI.

Matters how you look at it...justice isn't truly blind...America is capitalist...tough to choose a side but life isn't always fair! I guess the money they have helps them out but where should it end. Following the Spector case here and there and you can see how they are paying people to attempt to sway the jury...should there be limits on financial resources imposed in trials? I don't know...

Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper for these CELEBRITIES to hire a driver for the night instead of getting caught and eventually paying a huge $$$$ for the defense lawyer <_<

Political Donations $$$ and Support

Guess What OFTEN Happens?

Phone Calls and Favors!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper for these CELEBRITIES to hire a driver for the night instead of getting caught and eventually paying a huge $$$$ for the defense lawyer <_<

Cheaper, safer, and smarter. Not qualities you'll always find in a drunk or stoned 20-something year old who happens to be a star this week.

It is freakin' pathetic!

Al Gore's son pleaded guilty to 2 felony counts, but the judge will wipe the slate clean if he completes a diversion program. Not bad for posession and reckless driving, and not a first offense.

Al Gore's son pleaded guilty to 2 felony counts, but the judge will wipe the slate clean if he completes a diversion program. Not bad for posession and reckless driving, and not a first offense.

"Diversion" Program...a way to take the light off of yourself or your case by creating a diversion to make you look like you have changed! If he doesn't wipe the slate clean I am sure either this or the next President may do it for him!