Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

A "New Era" For Code 3

5 posts in this topic

Let's see where this path will lead....hoping it will breath some life back into the now allienated company. The "newest" releases look like the original Code 3 release from 1997. Not a good sign.

Dear Collectors –

A new era is being ushered in at Code 3 this week. Heading up the development of product and programs for Code 3 for the future is John Dunkel whom we are told has die cast in his veins. With a background in developing die cast vehicles for the Ertl Company (now RC2) for more years than he will admit and engineering the launch of Cogri Classics USA his background is firmly established in the collectible world. Along with the dedicated staff at Funrise/Code 3 there is a renewed emphasis on providing high quality, compelling new products and releases that appeal to the established collector base and capturing new collectors that will help to perpetuate the fire apparatus products.

An effort to better serve the dealers and collectors thru communication, product introductions and attention to the core business will be the focus of the Code 3 team headed up by John. “What will make this job exciting is the enthusiasm and the emotion of the fire collectors. It is what drives this business and we need to deliver what they demand.” Dunkel was quoted as saying on joining Code 3 this week.

I'm intrigued by John's comment how the collector's drive the market. It'll be interesting to see where this will lead....

I'm with Duane on this one. I'm taking a wait and see approach on this change.

On another board I belong to, a member found an interview John did in 2001. He started at ERTL in 1974, and joined Corgi in 1999 as VP and General Manager of Corgi Classics USA. I'm even more interested with this information, but will withhold judgement until after the new year, as it has been explained before that releases are planned many months in advance. So this team should not have any say in what comes out until next year.

I personally think its a sign of good things to come. I really hope he make code 3 into what the fire diecast community wants & needs.