Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ocff75

Goshen Fire Dist. Orange Co. NY

6 posts in this topic

Yes Great Site ! Goshen FD members of Cataract HOSE share a friendship with Ossining Engine 97 and the company name .....Cataract

Definition of CATARACT

Cataract Cat"a*ract, noun. [Latin expression cataracta, waterfall, Greek expression from to break pression cataracta, waterfall, large amounts of water flowing.

I LOVE their ALF Rescue pumper!!

It isnt a bad piece of apparatus but sadly it is not configured as a rescue/pumper. It is just a normal 1500GPM/1000Gal engine.

You would think with the rescue body, they would decide to store rescue equipment on it. In my opinion E-931 has a bit of a flawed design with a hose bed that is far to high off the ground and hard suction hoses that are kept sealed up in a compartment in the rear, instead of on the outside of the apparatus for easier access.

In the GFD the Cataracts main job is that of an engine, water supply and brush firefighting company with the Minisinks doing truck company operations and the Dikemans (my company) performing engine co ops and trench rescue, building collapse and extrication. Of course with a volunteer department, those duties are shared when manpower isnt in the proper proportions.

I thought cataracts were something you got in your eye. (insert rimshot here)