Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DOC22

ALCS Playoffs

46 posts in this topic

Any opinion of last nights play in the 8th inning at first base? How about the fans bombarding the field with crap? Any die hard Yankee fans? Boston?

Only one person knows what really happened (or what his intentions were). I think the ump's made the right call. Looking at the replays it definately appeared the ball was intentionally knocked out of Arroyo's glove.

My question is when will Joe Torre wake up and bench Tony Clark for the remainer of the series? Two out, two men on, a full count, and he swings at a pitch that would have been a ball anyway? That was two nights in a row that he blew it...

bunt - bunt -bunt. Yankees should played dirty and bunted the way on with schillings bad leg....

I don't think that Torre managed that game as well as he has other clutch situations. 1st of all Ruben Sierra should have been pulled and a pinch runner used. He could have never scored from his position being the slug that he is. He's a DH and it wouldn't have affected the Yanks for the rest of the game had he been pulled once on base. 2nd, Tony Clark should have been pulled and Posada moved to first base if it went to extra innings. There are a handful of guys on the bench with better bats than he has. Even though having a seasoned catcher behind the plate would have been better, Posada was dead tired anyway. Any catcher would have done at that point and Clark added nothing to the equasion. 3rd the incident at 1st base has two different problems. The ball shouldn't have been knocked out of Arroyo's mit, HOWEVER the first baseman was blocking the bag and prevented a possible slide to avoid the tag. Although sliding into 1st isn't very common, that is a situation where it would have been used. I agree with calling the runner out but pulling the run and bringing Jeter all the way back is bogus. Just my opinion doesn't mean it right.

Edward Smith

Captain (2254)

Millwood Fire Company

what is happening the the curse?

It's going into the 5th and 8-1.

Guess after tonight I won't be watching baseball until April 2005.

Those F---ing Red Sox make me mad!!!

8-3 after 7 but it aint lookin good

BUT "It aint over till its over"

Excuse me, I hear the fat lady warming up

I am now officially a Met fan. See, the Mets can't win because they can't afford good talent, and that's OK because every team runs in cycles. The damn Yankees spend more money than God on the "best" players who then get all cocky. Alex Rodriguez is the highest paid player in MLB history, and he'll tell you that, too, as if it's supposed to mean something, and this highest paid player did what on the field? All I have to say is GO METS 2005!!!

THE FAT LADY IS SINGING LOUD AND CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Yankee Fans, better luck next year lol

Us Mets fans are used to not playing in October, Now we have company

i've never been so upset oh well as long as the SUX (i mean the sox) lose in the end

Anybody know what other sports teams came back from a 3-0 deficit to win a series?

1975 New York Islanders and some other hockey team did it in 1947, I think.

Hey it's OK, the I just heard George Steinbrenner bought the Red Socks and is moving them to Alaska. hahahaha

1975 New York Islanders and some other hockey team did it in 1947, I think.

That's right and now I remember the other one was the 1942 Maple Leafs

well the curse maybe be broken finally.well maybe this will be the year the red soxs win it. :D:D:D:D

y did the yankess lose they should have one

I hate Boston RED SOX

Maybe it's cause of thrie cocky arrogence and overconfidence? or maybe the curse got them????

y did the yankess lose they should have one  

I hate Boston RED SOX

The Yankees did not win for one reason only. The BoSox played better ball!

The Yankees don't have any heart left.

When you keep moving players around, make trades and buy or sell players on a regular basis - the team cannot become a team. You take out the heart of it all by trying to buy talent.

Some of the best teams in any sport are the underdogs, because their hearts are in it.

They dropped the ball when they sold their pitching staff last year!!!!!!!!

Bring back the 2000 Yankees! Knoblauch, O'Neill, Tino, etc. That was a team!

Why spend money on Kenny Lofton and Gary Sheffield? Both of those players were good 10 years ago and it only goes to show that it doesn't matter how much money you spend on a playing staff, what matters is how they play on the field. Personally, I wasn't impressed with either one of them, and don't even get me started on A-Rod.

Well, now that the playoffs are behind us,

WHO'S GONNA WIN THE WORLD SERIES?

I hope so!!!!! Especially after the GREAT job they did on those damn Yankees. LOL