Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jcoppola

Bridgeport PD All New Fleet

5 posts in this topic

This is unbelievable...and I am sure many already know. Bridgeport PD recently rolled out an entire fleet of 2007 Dodge Charger Patrol Cars. I read it in today's CT Post. They had a blessing of them by their chaplain yesterday and they commissioned the fleet. The paper said they bought and commissioend 70 cars, all at the same time. I will keep an eye out for them so I can post a picture, the one in the Post looked good, it seems that the Chargers are definitely the wave of the future for PD Packages.

Just another cop-car buff...

JC

Wow, that's insane. Great for fleet standardization, and now they have to have one of the largest Charger fleets around that I know of.

Where did Bridgeport get the money for this?

Also, who outfitted the cars?

Bridgeport's got a pretty beat up fleet, with outdated lettering. How are these cars painted/lettered?

The only thing that concerns me is if Bridgeport will be rotating use of these cars? I don't know how many patrol cars they have in their fleet, but when replacement for these cars come up when they wear out probaly around the same time, will Bridgeport have the money to buy 70 cars at once again?

This is unbelievable...and I am sure many already know. Bridgeport PD recently rolled out an entire fleet of 2007 Dodge Charger Patrol Cars. I read it in today's CT Post. They had a blessing of them by their chaplain yesterday and they commissioned the fleet. The paper said they bought and commissioend 70 cars, all at the same time. I will keep an eye out for them so I can post a picture, the one in the Post looked good, it seems that the Chargers are definitely the wave of the future for PD Packages.

Just another cop-car buff...

JC

Seth,

They are black and whites. I will get some pictures ASAP.

Wow, that's insane. Great for fleet standardization, and now they have to have one of the largest Charger fleets around that I know of.

Where did Bridgeport get the money for this?

Also, who outfitted the cars?

Bridgeport's got a pretty beat up fleet, with outdated lettering. How are these cars painted/lettered?

The only thing that concerns me is if Bridgeport will be rotating use of these cars? I don't know how many patrol cars they have in their fleet, but when replacement for these cars come up when they wear out probaly around the same time, will Bridgeport have the money to buy 70 cars at once again?

I'm gonna assume bridgeport budgets just like they would if they were replacing a few cars a year. I've heard of smaller PDs and FDs doing this for a variety of reasons, mostly short term savings turned into investments for a few more bucks in the budget.

The only problem with having a fleet of that size of all the same cars are recalls.