Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oswegowind

Wildcard! Yankees take 2 Game Lead over M's

37 posts in this topic

I watched most of it on the big screen at my FD, If I hadn't seen that comeback, I would be hard put to believe it!

SOME GAME!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Yanks...and way to go Papelbon! YOU RULE!!!!!

Great shots photo unit...

Look who won today though....The SOX! Also, you can't blame it all on Papelbon, you gotta place some blame on Matsuzaka. If he didn't let back to back home runs happen Papelbon wouldn't have gotten in until the next inning. I think I speak for Red Sox nation when I say for Francona to get rid of Matsuzaka. The Japanese are SOOO overrated.

Mike

Look who won today though....The SOX! Also, you can't blame it all on Papelbon, you gotta place some blame on Matsuzaka. If he didn't let back to back home runs happen Papelbon wouldn't have gotten in until the next inning. I think I speak for Red Sox nation when I say for Francona to get rid of Matsuzaka. The Japanese are SOOO overrated.

Mike

Sox fan right???? Matsuzaka had since left the game, Lopez relieved him. To begin the 7th, the Red Sox brought in the other Japanese pitcher, Hideki Okajima, who was responsible for Giambi's homer and Cano's homer, as well as flushing the Sox lead down the toilet. And about them being over-rated, I disagree, Matsui is doing just fine. To think, the baseball talent in Japan is sub par, so stand outs, stand out. It is not like American baseball, as well starting pitchers only pitch once every 7 days, not a 5 day rotation like here, so there will definitely be a difference in performance...and I don't think they are using steroids over there!

Unfortunately tonight, Beckett was better than Wang and the Red Sox won. As well, Yankees need to revamp the bullpen for next year...I hope they are looking in to it now so they can start to work on it for next Spring!

Fans may begin to leave deposits for 2008 season ticket licenses. Just log on to Yankees.com and click on Tickets for info.

When is Papelbon a free agent, cause he would make a good Yankees set up guy!

Edited by Oswegowind

Say what you want MFY, just know that I'm not a hard core Sox fan, (:o ) and I only watched until he got pulled. All I want to know to who won, who lost, and when's the next game.

Mike

well lets keep it up red soxs :D

Dr Heimlich, report to the Red Sox Clubhouse, Dr Heimlich, please report to the Red Sox Clubhouse....

Edited by RescueKujo