Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest EFFP411

East Fishkill's new 39-62 and 39-64

14 posts in this topic

I know i Promised a few picture of this brush truck a few weeks ago, but i finally found some, not having the time to take photos of it myself. I now present to you, East Fishkills new truck, 39-64! It is one of two identical 2008 Ford F550 Utilitys, purchased from Unruh Fire in Indiana. The other truck replaced 39-62. As a trial thing, we put the Jaws and cribbing from station 4's engine onto the utility, hoping that since it is a little smaller, and more people will be qualified to drive it, it will be a better auto accident truck. In a couple of days, i will have some spy shots of our 2 new Chiefs trucks, that will replace the current 39-2, and 39-8, which both were currently on their last legs.

P.S. In the background, from left to right are 39-94 and 98, which are the fire police vans, (retired ambulances), and 39-97 on the right (older retired ambulance), which are housed at East Fishkill's HQ

post-3766-1189205605.jpg

post-3766-1189205630.jpg

Edited by EFFP411

I like the bottom shot with the guy with the sun glasses, hat & "duh" face on while supervising.

Gotta love breaking Artie's chops

Nice looking vehicles! Good luck with them!

looks good nice trucks its about time Scott got a new car what did he get

2008? Chevy Suburban, dark Maroon.

39-8 got an identical vehicle, just a dark navy blue.

They are currently unlettered, and no warning lights installed.

Nice trucks, good luck with 'em. What is going to happen to the older utility?

Nice trucks, good luck with 'em. What is going to happen to the older utility?

Thanks Guys! they actually stripped and sold one of the utilities to a contractor, and they are keeping the other old one to use as a plow vevicle, so the district pick-up doesnt take so much abuse. I still didn't make it to get my shots of the new chiefs trucks though, wy too tired. maybe tomorrow....

With all of those retired ambulances and the fact that the district's current two are always in and out of service, wouldn't it have been wise to perhaps keep one as 39-73 as a spare and/or for standbys, etc?

Why not add some career firefighters to the dept? That way you won't have to worry about qualified people.

Why not add some career firefighters to the dept? That way you won't have to worry about qualified people.

I think this would be better discussed in a new thread about that topic than in this thread!

Edited by xfirefighter484x

What i meant was that to be qualified(meaning allowed) to drive a truck, its a paperwork thing, it has nothing to do with whether or not they have the capability or skill to do so. I'll just leave it at that.....

Wow, can you say feces stirrer. 2 posts in a year and half. From what I understand while East Fishkill has the work load to support a paid dept yet they have a very strong membership that turns out quickly and regularly. If this is true, I think there are a few other areas where getting paid crews in would be a more pressing matter.

Wow, can you say feces stirrer. 2 posts in a year and half. From what I understand while East Fishkill has the work load to support a paid dept yet they have a very strong membership that turns out quickly and regularly. If this is true, I think there are a few other areas where getting paid crews in would be a more pressing matter.

You certainly hit the nail on the head Partyrock, Its definately a bit of a "Feces stirrer", and has been a bit of a touchy subject around our area. We do have the membership size and strength to keep on, it just needs a bit of a refreshing...

P.S. Thanks for the support!

Edited by EFFP411