Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trollman200

Questions About Most Recent FDNY Test

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where I should call to ask about when the physical will be given for the last FDNY exam? I've heard some stories thAt the test may be thrown out, is this true?

I also heard this but it might just be rumors. If anyone has any more info. It would be greatly appreciated. I haven't gotten an official score from the last test yet, so I have no idea whats going on. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

thanks GFD, but that is the problem there has been no official word from FDNY and it's been a long time since the test was taken. Just seeing if there is someone here in the know.

thanks GFD, but that is the problem there has been no official word from FDNY and it's been a long time since the test was taken. Just seeing if there is someone here in the know.

JM15, you know more than you think you do. The official word is there is no word. The closest thing to a real development is there is going to be another promotional exam this fall. If the continue with the new format then the previous test might possibly be used. If they change the test format again then the previous test might possibly be thrown out. Either way it won't answer anything, but it will help to lead speculation in one direction or another.

Is there any place that I could call to ask when they will start calling people about the physical?

There is no place you can call that will give you any satifactory information, because quite simply, there isnt any information to give....yet.

I know you hate to hear it, but the only thing you can do is wait, train and hope for the best. As soon as you start asking freinds/family/strangers about whats going on, the rumor mill starts to spin out of control. People end up making things up to make themselves feel better about the situation, or they mislead other information, etc. You CANNOT trust most of things you hear, cause its all made up. Until YOU get that letter in the mail or get a phone call, guess what, its all talk and nothing more. Dont pysch yourselves out for something that could be a while. Remember the drama this test caused, and the scrutiny that the department is under already...add the two together, and the result is a long wait.

Now, I'll try to offer some relief for those who simply have no patience. Talk is both good and bad. Word for a long time wasnt very good for the recent test. Between the lawsuits and over staffing, there wasnt must hope for the new list. But recently, the talk is that the list might be used "as planned". Thats really all I can say for now. Keep in mind that the physicals are pass/fail, so they do NOT need to be giving those soon. Being pass/fail, they can give those around the same time as the medicals/backgrounds/pyschs...similiar to how NYPD does it. They dont effect your score, so there's no rush to get them in. They'd probably rather wait as it gets closer to a class before they give those out. As for your final answer keys, well, thats up to DCAS, but I wouldnt expect a final answer key any time soon, knowing how they work. Plus, they still have to create a list before the physicals so they know who goes first...that'll take more time.

Seriously, just live out your lives normally and dont focus too intensely on "when" or "what". I tell my nephew the same thing who's been waiting his whole life. When it happens, it'll happen, and you'll know ahead of time. All rumors do is drive you nuts, and the FD is full of them!