Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest EFFP411

East Fishkill New 39-2 and 39-8 Spy Shots

43 posts in this topic

I like that roof bar and the touchmaster. What is the Vertex used for?

Hey EFFP411!!! Is that the Barney Mobile sitting behind 39-8???

NO, unfortunately, that is not the famed Barney Mobile. The Barney Mobile is dead and passed on. That is another Ford Exploder.....I mean Explorer, similar coloring, sitting behind the new chiefs car.

I like that roof bar and the touchmaster. What is the Vertex used for?

Well, every rig has 2 radios as a standard now, we keep one radio on response 2, and the other on F/G 9. that way, nobody has to keep switching channels, or call out on the wrong one by accident. It all depends on personal preference, it really doesnt matter which one is used for what, i do know however, that 39-8 will use the vertex for response, and the motorola for F/G 9. They are both programmed with the same channels, so they are interchangeable. The only thing the motorola has different is the town trunking system(that nobody EVER uses).

and PS doc22, no that is not my explorer, its there, but further down the line of cars out of sight.

Rob is partially correct in why we have two radios. The reason we had to go with Vertex is because Motorola does not make a dual head radio anymore. Once the rear cabinets are completed there will be a second radio head in the rear of the vehicle.

And Rob the trunking system does get used, just ask Nathan!!!! LOL LOL LOL :P:P

And Rob the trunking system does get used, just ask Nathan!!!! LOL LOL LOL :P:P

Well I am sure glad SOMEONE gets some amusement out of it. <_<

Can you say below the belt?

Edited by xfirefighter484x

Also, another feature not shown in the pictures is when the tailgate is flipped up, 2 TIR6 Slimlighters are mounted, one R/R and one A/A.

Very nice set-up.

Also, another feature not shown in the pictures is when the tailgate is flipped up, 2 TIR6 Slimlighters are mounted, one R/R and one A/A.

Very nice set-up.

Actually, on Scott's car, th slimlighter are Red/Red and Amber/Amber. On Gary's car, they are Blue/Red......

Actually, on Scott's car, th slimlighter are Red/Red and Amber/Amber. On Gary's car, they are Blue/Red......

Ohh, ok. I have only seen 39-2 in action, have yet to see either responding, and haven't even seen 39-8 in person yet.

Rob is partially correct in why we have two radios. The reason we had to go with Vertex is because Motorola does not make a dual head radio anymore. Once the rear cabinets are completed there will be a second radio head in the rear of the vehicle.

And Rob the trunking system does get used, just ask Nathan!!!!

thank you for the correction Scott, i was curious why you started using vertex's instead of 2 motorola units....

And aside from a little misguided fireman using the trunked system, when was the last time YOU used it?? Maybe thats what you were doing when you creamed that corvette...... :lol:

post-3766-1194057235.jpg

Edited by EFFP411

And aside from a little misguided fireman using the trunked system, when was the last time YOU used it?? Maybe thats what you were doing when you creamed that corvette...... :lol:

:o:blink:

WOW!

D_oh-1.jpg

Edited by xfirefighter484x

Almost forgot! We use the trunking system all the time usually to talk about you guys!!

well, I am at least happy to see you are being a good sport about a little ribbing for once Scott, I was worried for a minute you might be a sour apple about it. You know I only break your chops because I love to get a rise out of you. Although, I am going to assume i'll have to start locking my car again for a little while, otherwise i might start findng fart bombs in it like last time.... :rolleyes:

Edited by EFFP411