Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CPAGE

FDNY from the 80's The Lime Years

26 posts in this topic

I will post more some time soom look for FDNY rescues and fire boats.

whats up with this thread cpage? Haven't you ever done something and then realized what a mistake it was the next morning. We made a mistake and fixed, now you have to go and remind us of what we done all over again. Geeze thanks.

On a serious note, nice collection. You should be hearing from a brother about getting some prints. Do you have a website?

whats up with this thread cpage? Haven't you ever done something and then realized what a mistake it was the next morning. We made a mistake and fixed, now you have to go and remind us of what we done all over again. Geeze thanks.

On a serious note, nice collection. You should be hearing from a brother about getting some prints. Do you have a website?

I know it was the 80's free drugs and the mello yello thing. No I do not have a web page but he can e-mail me and I will send copies to who ever would like one. And yes it will be FREE as I will not look to make money off of a Brother. All copies will be sent via email only.

I agree PARTY it still cool to take a look back though. After all Fire engines,trucks and rescues are RED. LOL......

Cool, Very differnt seeing FDNY in lime

Ya learn something new every day! I grew up next to Da Bronx and never remembered seeing a LIME colored FDNY rig. Kinda glad I missed it :o

Engine 4 in Lime? WHOA..... Can you see that thing careening up South Street or down Wall Street? Bet that turned some heads! Thanks for sharing Chris!

-Joe DA BUFF

There were a few that got painted white over red like we have today. E-4 was one of them. (Side note) E-4 was originally assigned to E-10.

I do vaguely remember seeing LIME trucks when i leved in the bronx. The one thing i am curious about though, I don't remember what house covered my old neighborhood. I lived Right behind Jacobi Hospital off Morris Park. ANy help would be greatly appreciated. :D

I do vaguely remember seeing LIME trucks when i leved in the bronx. The one thing i am curious about though, I don't remember what house covered my old neighborhood. I lived Right behind Jacobi Hospital off Morris Park. ANy help would be greatly appreciated. :D

That would most likely be Engine/Squad 61, engine 90 , 97, Ladder 41 , maybe L-58.

I think they would be on the first alarm. Nate can tell us for sure.

Edited by CPAGE

Chris,

Thanks for sharing, Bro. It really is interesting to see the evolution of different departments and their paint schemes. I remember when San Diego decided that slime was the flavor of the day. They still have a couple of brush rigs in that color.

That would most likely be Engine/Squad 61, engine 90 , 97, Ladder 41 , maybe L-58.

I think they would be on the first alarm. Nate can tell us for sure.

Not 58 Truck

It was either 61 Truck or 47 Truck. 38 Truck covered up to almost Williamsbridge Road and 51 Truck, I wouldn't think, came below Pelham Pkwy. I do remember, when I was in 38 Truck, we went on the second alarm to Einstein Hospital administration building.

Engine 45

This is a memory I really don't want to remember. We put a picture of Kermit the frog on the front with the words

"It ain't easy being green". These rigs where bought because they thought they would be more visible but they had about three times the amount of accidents after they where put in service.

This is a memory I really don't want to remember. We put a picture of Kermit the frog on the front with the words

"It ain't easy being green". These rigs where bought because they thought they would be more visible but they had about three times the amount of accidents after they where put in service.

Was that because the other driver was laughing so hard that they weren't paying attention to the road at that point??

You do have to laugh at the numbers on the rigs and the FDNY 's on them as they are for the real fire trucks (RED) one's. But all in all they were not that bad to look at atleast you had a clue to what company was going by you. And I do remember the Kermit the frog on the front of 45 Engine. But the red/white paint came pretty fast for some of the companies.

Is it me or do these rigs appear to be more Yellow than Lime? Just looking at the hose covers I see yellow. But I suppose our cameras in the 80's didn't capture the color like they do today.

Cpage who is the photographer for all of these photo's

Cpage who is the photographer for all of these photo's

A guy name Gus cant remember his last name right now but he did sell photo's back in the 80's. Sorry I did not give credit for them as I did not recall his full name.

Edited by CPAGE

Was that because the other driver was laughing so hard that they weren't paying attention to the road at that point??

I think the firefighters were probably crashing the trucks to get the city to go back to RED! LOL

They should do a Code 3 of E45 with the Kermie on the front and that quote!!!!! That would be awesome!!!!

I think code 3 did a Yellow E-58 and maybe a yellow E-277 not sure but they did do one of them.

I think code 3 did a Yellow E-58 and maybe a yellow E-277 not sure but they did do one of them.

That's correct! And I remember that Engine 4 used to be Engine 10! Just interesting to me! In terms of Jacobi Hospital, yes, it would be Squad 61, Ladder 51, Engine 38, etc. Or, it could also be Engine 89 and Ladder 50, depending on the severity of the call.

-Joe DA BUFF