Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

Chief Goldfeder in Croton

14 posts in this topic

Chief Billy Goldfeder will be presenting his "Firefighters & Fire Officers Role in Fireground Safety" seminar on Tuesday night, October 2nd at 7pm at the Harmon Firehouse in Croton.

To register contact Deputy Chief Gerry Munson at the contact info in the flyer.

It is $15 to pre-register and $20 at the door.

SEATING IS LIMITED!

Flyer is listed below!

goldfeder.pdf

Edited by Remember585

Chief Goldfeder is one of best teachers in the Fire Service across the entire USA. I have had the pleasure of knowing Chief Goldfeder for many years. He tells things the way that they are, no sugar coating when it comes to safety! It is an honor to be able to listen to him teach.

Parking is available in the old Croton Dodge parking lot (South Riverside Avenue) and the gravel lot between Exxon and Oil City on South Riverside Avenue.

Hurry now and register - seating is limited!

As of today, 9/26, there has HARDLY been any registrations from Departments other then our own!

I am amazed, considering how great a speaker Billy G. is!

It's in less then a week, so ACT NOW!

As of today, 9/26, there has HARDLY been any registrations from Departments other then our own!

I am amazed, considering how great a speaker Billy G. is!

It's in less then a week, so ACT NOW!

I'm not surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised. We just had to cancel a course due to inadequate enrollment down at Valhalla. You'd think that chiefs, wanna-be chief somedays, and other officers would be a little bit more interested in training for managing extended operations and checking the box for NIMS compliance. This is not a knock on the fire service either - EMS wasn't involved either!

Shame on us - we're our own worst enemies!

Many Departments have there montly meeting the first tuesday of each month, could be the reason for your low attendence.

Perhaps another reason is that we are getting oversaturated with Chief Goldfeder seminars. In the past 12 months he has been in Rockland, Putnam, Westchester (Elmsford), Nassau and at the Firehouse conference.

He is an excellent speaker but you can only hear the same thing so many times. Putnam County Chief's had him in Putnam Valley in May and had a low turnout because he had just been at the Elmsford Seminar in January.

Perhaps another reason is that we are getting oversaturated with Chief Goldfeder seminars. In the past 12 months he has been in Rockland, Putnam, Westchester (Elmsford), Nassau and at the Firehouse conference.

He is an excellent speaker but you can only hear the same thing so many times. Putnam County Chief's had him in Putnam Valley in May and had a low turnout because he had just been at the Elmsford Seminar in January.

I'm not sure I agree with that. I'm sure he has more material than just one seminar's worth. His columns and Secret List emails are very good.

I suspect if you had BC Salka - it would be pretty much the same response.

Personally, I am waiting for our monthly meeting this week to see if the department is going to sponsor the attendance before forking out the money myself.

Many Departments have there montly meeting the first tuesday of each month, could be the reason for your low attendence.

Thats very true. Ours is the first tuesday of the month.

Despite a rumor going around, this seminar IS STILL ON.

Thank you.

Despite a rumor going around, this seminar IS STILL ON.

Thank you.

Glad it's still on...Wish I could have my members and myself attend, Department meeting that night.

I don't understand. If it is appropriate and needed training, can't you move the meeting to another night??

I don't understand. If it is appropriate and needed training, can't you move the meeting to another night??

I don't know about any other department's... So I'll speak for my Department, to move a meeting is has to go through the president first,plus to move this month's meeting it would have had to be approved on the Department floor the meeting prior. As a chief I couldn't just move the meeting.

Had a good time last night. Chief Billy G. really hammers home the big picture. Those that attended really got a good presentation full of information and insight that should (hopefully) keep us from doing stupid stuff.

I'm sure I am missing some, I saw guys and gals from Buchanan, the Montrose VA, New Rochelle, Mamaroneck, Continental Village, Putnam Valley and East Fishkill there - thanks for coming!

Oh yeah, and that County Car 2 guy was there too... :P