Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
americanpolice

Recruiting Westchester County Part-Time Deputy Sheriffs

9 posts in this topic

The Westchester County Department of Public Safety Emergency Force (PSEF) is looking for HIGHLY QUALIFIED recruits to join its organization as a Part-Time Deputy Sheriff. The position is a Volunteer role. Recruits attend the Westchester County Police Academy's Peace Officer class and have such status while on duty. The PSEF assists the County Police and local police at special events, DWI checkpoints, and other high visibility details. Recruits will go through the same police background check used by the County Police.

This is a rewarding position for those interested in a part-time role in law enforcement or those looking for a stepping stone into Full-Time positions. Additional information can be found through a link on the County Police website (click on the 7 star shield): www.westchestergov.com/ps

You can also call 914-864-7714 or email at: psef@westchestergov.com

Only qualified applicants need apply.

Edited by americanpolice

Are they still accepting applications? I know the yearly recruiting meeting was held about a month ago

I looked at the site and was intrigued. Anyone know what the monthly expectation of service is? Are there any concerns about FD membership and conflicting priorities? I guess a lot of the duties here are scheduled so it may be less of an issue.

I did go to the recruitment meeting last month at the police academy, and it does seem interesting, and if I had time to dedicate to the 2 week training period, I would do it.

but you should get the applications in soon like americanpolice said, they do take a very long time to complete that step...it's the same application process county officers have to go through.

I did go to the recruitment meeting last month at the police academy, and it does seem interesting, and if I had time to dedicate to the 2 week training period, I would do it.

but you should get the applications in soon like americanpolice said, they do take a very long time to complete that step...it's the same application process county officers have to go through.

I think I sat next to you.....were you wearing your vac uniform?

I think I sat next to you.....were you wearing your vac uniform?

i remember i was running late bc of a call, but i wear the vac t-shirt and jeans when on-call, not the uniform.

private message me, let me know if you went through w/ it!

The schedule is usually announced as early has 8 months and as late as 4 weeks so members are always aware of what details are coming up. Members are expected to work as many of the details as they can. The PSEF does have a few commendable Fire Officers who work much of the details.

I called for info and left a message on their machine. Haven't heard back from them.