Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ja3kfd

Westchester Medical Center ER

8 posts in this topic

I was down at WMC ER yesterday, as my wife had to be checked in to ER for an afternoon and evening. I noticed they were working in the ER drive up turn around making it appear bigger. Then i went outside to walk and get some fresh air and saw them laying out and marking up the area and I found out they are revamping and expanding the ER.

I also found out that they will be temporarily moving some non essential offices out into temp. Trailers to accomodate the ever increasing volume. It is too bad they did not think of it when they built it but atleast they are acting on it know. I wish them all good luck as well as all that are in and out of there.

Saint Francis Hospital Level II Trauma in Poughkeepsie is also doing the same thing.

Interesting news. Thanks for the info, JA3KFD I haven't heard anything about it, so it was also somehwat suprising.

The ED was overcrowded the day it opened. It was poorly planned, and this "expansion" just highlights another WMC mistake. I believe the "new" ER was actually smaller then the old ER.

I hope this ED expansion addresses the issues of EMS, such as a place to write reports, wash hands, and clean and restock equipment. Hopefully also phones to contact dispatch, a water cooler, coffeemaker, and wireless internet connection and printer for electronic PCRs. There was a room for that in the new ER, but it was taken over as an office the day the ED opened. Also, I hope the flow of the ED, including the intake flow, is much improved.

I hope there are more patient rooms, so no one has to be out in the hallway, and large nurses stations with seperate spaces for the doctors.

Oh yes, and a built-in, permenant decon facilty that doesn't have to be "set up" and can handle a large amount of patients.

Just some thoughts I hope fall on the right ears, so that this ED doesn't squander even more donated money.

To think, if they planned the "new" ED better, maybe the money they are spending on the "expansion" could have been used to "freshen up" the patient rooms and floors of the main hospital.

Anyone that has gone to Nyack Hospital's ED will find a room just for EMS to sit, write reports, have coffee, use a computer for the internet, watch TV, wash our hands, etc.

Nyack has had a room for many years for EMS.

Anyone that has gone to Nyack Hospital's ED will find a room just for EMS to sit, use a computer for the internet, and wash our hands.

What I just did is something the media would do! Taken out of context it is damn dirty!!!!!!

What I just did is something the media would do! Taken out of context it is damn dirty!!!!!!

I'm old!

I'm slow!

It took me a few minutes.

But that's funny!

Englewood Hospital & Medical Center will be breaking ground for a brand new ER early next year sould be open in 2010 will have up to 40 patient treament rooms 2 "code " rooms and full Decon area also will be ambulance friendly BTW They do not have an ems hang out lounge yet Holy name hospital in teaneck has also expanded their ER

i heard rumers Northern Westchester Hospital Center will be expanding there "ER" along with putting in a parking garage.

Edited by Dondestro