Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Arena's "EHM" Airing Tonight @ 11PM

8 posts in this topic

The Extreme Home Makeover episode featuring the Arena family of Purdys is airing tonigt, 10-27-07, at 11PM on TV Land (NY Metro Cablevision Ch 34).

Sorry for the short notice, but just wanted to give anyone logged on a head's up so they can tune in.

Just ended this is my favorite episode of Extreme Makeover Home Eddition. No matter how many times I see it I always feel very emotional.

Seth Thanks for putting it up on here. Since the rights have been bought by TV Land we do not know if it will be on again. As well both TV Land and Sears use us in Commercials as well. If you missed it , We have A Couple of Disc's of the show.

As you all have heard or read my Family say THANK YOU, Before we all Really do mean this .

Love this show, especially seeing it finally hit so close to home! Glad to see the Arena's (again in a repeat) get that house. Im wondering what the money aspect of the whole thing is. I heard somewhere that the new houses are worth a million plus, then you see sometimes the builders donate the mortgage. Are the families responsible for just the taxes? For the mortgate? (if not donated) etc. Im not "prying" in any way into the Arena's personal situation, Im just speaking in a generic sense. I just put it out there to anyone who may be in the know about the behind the scenes of the show.

Congrats again Arenas and God bless!

The money probably comes from the same place that it does on all the vehicle makeover shows ("Pimp My Ride", "Overhaulin'", "Trick My Truck", etc.), and the original "Extreme Makeover" as well, for that matter. Not entirely sure what that source is.....Sponsors? Producers? Commercial revenue? Donations? Who knows? Obviously, they get a nice chunk of it from somewhere, in order for these shows to continue to exist.

As for the specific episode in question.....I've never met the Arena family, and may or may not ever get to, but after reading about them here on EMTBravo, I had to watch the show. One of the most moving hours of TV I've ever seen. Taped it when ABC replayed it. Don't know why, but I can't bring myself to tape over it....and don't really have a reason to, anyway.

Such an awesome display put on by all involved, and I hope that all is going well for them.

To Help answer the questions,I will give you , from speaking with Sal from Alure and people from thr show that we have become friendly with and talk too.

The show gets as much donated as possible , the contractors, get as much donated as they can.

I still have the Mortage from my original House and I am responsile for the School taxes town taxes , County tax etc. Yes the Taxes went up. Yes I was told if I built this house it would have been a Million plus. Built with much better material than I could have and would have thought to use.

We where told that either the mortage company,will donate the old Mortage to the owner as paid.

Sometimes the Contractor will pay it off or they will do a fund raiser to pay it off.

Never has a Homeowner been billed for what was built.

Please know Gina and Myself are thrilled withour house it is beautiful and a perfect way to remember Jimmy and everything that was done for us I can never repay what was done for my family.

Also know I would move into a tent for 5 more minutes with the best teacher of what life was and is all about. I love and miss Jimmy more than words can express.

If any one has any questions I am happy to answer them PM me If you want to see the House we can arrange that as well, just PM me

Edited by ja3kfd

To Help answer the questions,I will give you , from speaking with Sal from Alure and people from thr show that we have become friendly with and talk too.

The show gets as much donated as possible , the contractors, get as much donated as they can.

I still have the Mortage from my original House and I am responsile for the School taxes town taxes , County tax etc. Yes the Taxes went up. Yes I was told if I built this house it would have been a Million plus. Built with much better material than I could have and would have thought to use.

We where told that either the mortage company,will donate the old Mortage to the owner as paid.

Sometimes the Contractor will pay it off or they will do a fund raiser to pay it off.

Never has a Homeowner been billed for what was built.

Please know Gina and Myself are thrilled withour house it is beautiful and a perfect way to remember Jimmy and everything that was done for us I can never repay what was done for my family.

Also know I would move into a tent for 5 more minutes with the best teacher of what life was and is all about. I love and miss Jimmy more than words can express.

If any one has any questions I am happy to answer them PM me If you want to see the House we can arrange that as well, just PM me

It was so nice of you to be so honest about the money end of everything. When one looks at what a beautiful home you have, of course everyone wonders how?, What? etc.

It just goes to show how honest you are and that you are truly appreciative for what you have.

Bless all of you and enjoy! I can think of no family nicer or one that has gone through as much as all of you have!

I'd love to see it! :-)