Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

New Delivery Roundup: Who's Getting What?

44 posts in this topic

OK, so fill me in here......which Fire, EMS, Police departments are expecting new apparatus anytime soon?

Also, what agencies are in the process of trying to replace apparatus, or are planning to do so in the near future?

Up here in New Faifield two of the companys are in process of designing two engines and one large tanker. One engine is to be replaced in squantz engine company and one engine and one 3000gal tanker to be replaced in company a's firehouse.

PORT CHESTER FIRE LADDER 31 YEARS END 1981 SEAGRAVE 100' TILLER OUT SMEAL 100' REARMOUNT IN. ENGINE 62 1981 MACK CF OUT, BIDS DO SOON FOR REPLACEMENT. ENGINE 58 NOW LOOKING AT WHAT IS OUT THERE FOR BIDS AFTER NEW BUGET IN JUNE 08.

Bethel Ct, new Sutphen Tower. Going to factory next Friday for final inspection, to be delivered week after tgiving. Lots of fingers crossed, it is about 3 months late.

Replacing our 1977 with a 2007.

Edited by CHIEFPHIL

Rye 100ft Seagrave rearmont should be in service soon.

Edited by pcfdrfd700

I know I'm answering my own thread, but I forgot to add....

Hartsdale Fire District, Greenburgh NY 2007 Spartan Gladiator Extreme Duty/4 Guys Rescue Engine for Engine 170. Delivery is expected sometime around March 2008 Will replace the 1976 Ward Lafrance/1986 Ranger refurb, which is currently the reserve/spare. Either the current E-169 or E-170 (2000 Pierce Dash) will become the spare. Hartsdale is also expecting delivery of some type of pick up truck as a utitlity imminetly.

Oh yes. the new 170 will be lime....very very lime!

Ossining FD - Capital Budget funding

E99 - 2009 budget

E97 - 2010 budget

L42 - 2010 budget

according to Village of Ossining Capital Budget.

No specifics on brands at this time. I will update from my Co. (E99) as the Committee progresses.

Verplanck Rescue Pumper from E-ONE do in END January Beg Feburay Replacing R-42 and E-128

Edited by irishfire2491

well, we speced and ordered a new Mini Rescue from Marion, 39-51, which will be housed at Hopewell Hose (Station 1). It will be replacing 39-61, the utility truck from that station. It should be here around the end of this year, beginning of next year. The next piece up for replacement is 39-13, currently the oldest truck in the fleet, and the last open cab we've got. If memory serves me, it is being replaced with a mini pumper. I will stop by HQ tomorrow and see if i can gather some more info....

Irvington: E-177 will be replaced with a Spartan Gladiator Classic (10" raised roof)/Elite rescue engine. 2,000GPM/500 gal H2O/60 gal foam. 10k generator & light tower; FRD lighting. Hurst system & full complement of extrication tools. Delivery expected 1Q08.

East Fishkill is schuluded to recieve a new custom built Rescue/Special Ops Truck(39-51) in Feb 2008. It will be house in Station 1. The assignments for this rig is FAST calls, water rescues, rope rescue and some extrication. It will respond to all station 1 and station 3 MVAs and will assist/back up 39-52(rescue out of st2) when needed. It will also take up some of the utlities(39-61 which will be retired) calls such as EMS assist and brush fire calls. Marion is currently building this vehicle and it will be placed on an International chassis. It is 4 wheel drive and a 5 man cab and can also tow any trailers we have( hazmat, cribbing, 6 wheeler, and the trailer that carries both boats). The colors will be black over red. This vehicle will have a pump and a tank, just not sure of the sizes.

West Harrison is getting a new utility. Ford 2008 F550 crew cab with utility box. Due in sometime in the late spring early summer I think.

East Fishkill is schuluded to recieve a new custom built Rescue/Special Ops Truck(39-51) in Feb 2008. It will be house in Station 1. The assignments for this rig is FAST calls, water rescues, rope rescue and some extrication. It will respond to all station 1 and station 3 MVAs and will assist/back up 39-52(rescue out of st2) when needed. It will also take up some of the utlities(39-61 which will be retired) calls such as EMS assist and brush fire calls. Marion is currently building this vehicle and it will be placed on an International chassis. It is 4 wheel drive and a 5 man cab and can also tow any trailers we have( hazmat, cribbing, 6 wheeler, and the trailer that carries both boats). The colors will be black over red. This vehicle will have a pump and a tank, just not sure of the sizes.

Okay, questions: 1) I thought 52 ran out of St. 1 on rotation.

2) Marion/International; so it will look like 52?

3) Never heard of these trailers, where are they located? HQ?

4) Boats?

Edited by Danger

Not from the Greater New York Area... But..

Monroeville VFC#5 will be placing Tanker 195 In Service on Sunday Nov 4, 2007

http://www.mvfd5.com/fullstory.php?52805

2007 KME / KENWORTH T800

Elliptical Tanker

3200G Water w/ Potable Water Capability

– Will carry the Products to make it Potable Water On Scene

300G Class B Foam – ANSUL Thunderstorm 3 X 6

Foam Pro System w/ 55 gpm Foam Pumping Capacity

Deck Gun, 1..5” & 2.5” Crosslays Foam Capable

(1) Rear Quick Dump

(2) Side Quick Dumps

1500 GPM Hale Pump

Multiple Adapters (3.062 / 3.068 / NST / 5” STORZ / 4.5” NST HYDRANT )

3500 Drop Tank

6” Hard Tube

Allegheny County UHF

Allegheny County VHF

Westmoreland DPS 800 RADIOS

Panasonic Toughbook w/ Garmin GPS Turn by Turn System

Irvington: E-177 will be replaced with a Spartan Gladiator Classic (10" raised roof)/Elite rescue engine. 2,000GPM/500 gal H2O/60 gal foam. 10k generator & light tower; FRD lighting. Hurst system & full complement of extrication tools. Delivery expected 1Q08.

If ELITE does not go out of business before then.

Check out the watchdesk www.thewatchdesk.com

go to maryland / montgomery county thread / new engine thread / last several posts

the posted items are fact.

just looking out for you.

good luck

stay safe !!

Not from the Greater New York Area... But..

Monroeville VFC#5 will be placing Tanker 195 In Service on Sunday Nov 4, 2007

http://www.mvfd5.com/fullstory.php?52805

2007 KME / KENWORTH T800

Elliptical Tanker

3200G Water w/ Potable Water Capability

– Will carry the Products to make it Potable Water On Scene

300G Class B Foam – ANSUL Thunderstorm 3 X 6

Foam Pro System w/ 55 gpm Foam Pumping Capacity

Deck Gun, 1..5” & 2.5” Crosslays Foam Capable

(1) Rear Quick Dump

(2) Side Quick Dumps

1500 GPM Hale Pump

Multiple Adapters (3.062 / 3.068 / NST / 5” STORZ / 4.5” NST HYDRANT )

3500 Drop Tank

6” Hard Tube

Allegheny County UHF

Allegheny County VHF

Westmoreland DPS 800 RADIOS

Panasonic Toughbook w/ Garmin GPS Turn by Turn System

The 2004/2005 Pierce that we owned prior to this is in East Durham New York Area -

Chief A bough the Pierce - Chief A Retires - Chief B does not like Tanker - Chief B Sells Tanker - Chief B Leaves - Chief A is Back - Chief A orders new tanker That is the story in a nutshell.

We also have a E-ONE Cyclone II being completed @ factory & tool mounting @ local dealer

see Engine Story

It will have the new Holmatro Core System along with many other impressive features.

Keep a watch @ FIVE HAUS for further stories

Stay Safe All !!!

4) Boats?

well, first off, as it stands now, 3 weeks of the month 39-52 is housed at station 2, and when the ambulance goes to station 2, the rescue truck is moved to station 1 for a week. When this rig come in, 52 will be premanently housed at Station 2, and i think they have to modify the firehouse a little bit so when its ambulance week, they have a place to put it. The first due Ambulance( 39-71) rotates around to the 4 stations, 1 week per house. 39-72, the second due ambulance, spends 2 weeks at station 4, 1 week at station 3, and 1 week at station 1.

2. 51 is going to be a bit smaller than 52, and have a 4 door cab with a box on the back, and i don't think it will be a walk-in box like 52, so it will definately stand out more. It is supposed to be classified as the "Special Op's Truck", which will contain standard extrication equipment, cold water and ice rescue gear, F.A.S.T. team gear, and rope rescue stuff....

3. we have 4 trailers. one is loaded with cribbing and extrication equipment, used for major wrecks, etc. then there is a haz-mat trailer, which holds booms, pads, decon tanks, suits, etc. We also have another trailer with the "Wildland fire and rescue unit" which is a Polaris 6-wheeler. As it stands now, these 3 trailers are at HQ, and are all designated as 39-96.

4. We have 2 boats. A Zodiac with a 75 HP outboard motor, and an aluminum rowboat. These are on a custom built trailer, housed at Station 1.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, or PM me.

4) Boats?

39-52 is only in station 1 one week a month due to the fact that station 2 at this time cant house both the rescue and the ambulance due to the lack of space. As of feb 2008, station 1 will no longer get 39-52 since we will have the new 39-51. Hopefully by this time station 2 will have made space available in there firehouse to be able to house the rescue full time. I have seen the progress of the new 39-51 and it will kinda look like 39-52 except for the color and it is alittle shorter but just as tall and it doesnt have a walk in body. The body on this rig is fully stocked from the top to the bottom and even the front bumper has 1 3/4 pre connects and also has room for some of the pre connect hurst tools. It is a 4 door 4 wheel drive with a five man cab that has a SCBA in each seat except for the chauffeurs which that pack is located in a compartment.

Edited by effd1055

Millwood 75ft Sutphen Quint (no bucket)

Hey Ed, will it look similar to this:

recentdelivery-photo-108.jpg

New Rochelle and White Plains 110 foot ALF rearmonts due sometime in December.

Larchmont ALF Rescue pumper in early 2008.

Patterson Fired Dept. #1 Inc.

Currently specing a HEAVY RESCUE to replace our 88 Mack/Saulsbury. Working with East-West Fire Apparatus Cunsultants, hopefully will be sent to bid by the end of the year.

Oops !!! Fat Fingers

Patterson Fire Dept #1 Inc.

Hey Ed, will it look similar to this:

recentdelivery-photo-108.jpg

I haven't had a ton of contact with the committee, but given the information that has been relayed to me.... Paint that rig red and you've got the new Ladder 52.

I'd prefer to see it labeled as an Engine not a Ladder, but that is a different discussion for a different time.

hillcrest fire dept just put in service a 2006 pierce lance rescue and we're specing out a 1500gpm pumper to replace a 1987 pumper

Bloomingburg, NY

1 ea new firehouse, delivery 3Q 2008

Norwalk:

F/Y 2008: Ordering Rescue 2 (Most likely a Spartan/Marion) Heavy Rescue

F/Y 2009: Ordering Truck 1 (Most likely a 100' stick unsure of builder)

By the way, new Engine 1 was hit in it's first few days of service while parked at a separate MVA. Reports are damage is noticeable but minimal.

JVC

Norwalk:

By the way, new Engine 1 was hit in it's first few days of service while parked at a separate MVA. Reports are damage is noticeable but minimal.

JVC

Better the truck then one of the crew.

Patterson Fire Dept. #1 Inc.

Currently specing a HEAVY RESCUE to replace our 88 Mack/Saulsbury. Working with East-West Fire Apparatus Cunsultants, hopefully will be sent to bid by the end of the year.

PFD also working on replacing one of the Brush Rigs. The Brush Rig will be pretty straight forward and won't be put out to bid with arrival anticipated sometime in the spring.