Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBE

As it Was:Voices of 9/11

10 posts in this topic

On Tuesday Night, November 13th, the National Geographic Channel will be airing a documentary titled, As it Was: Voices of 9/11. It will be airing at 10PM, 1AM, and again on November 17th at 4PM.

Link

This is a little look inside what goes on in a dispatch office, and how the first line of defense in an emergency operates.

PS, look for the Mets hat.

Tonight

Tuesday, November 13, 2007, at 10P Voices of 9/11 focuses on the audio calls received by New York Citys 9-1-1 operators and dispatchers. Personal testimony and interviews tell the story of how these men and women did their jobs with a combination of training, instinct and grace, while contending with the conflicting accounts provided by well-meaning eyewitnesses and the frantic calls of those trapped in the Towers.

This sucks!!!! Cmcast Carmel doesn't seem to carry National Geographic Channel, unless I'm going blind. Anybody else use this carrier?

I'm watching it now, it seems very interesting and good insight as to what was going on. I recommend it.

JBE... Just saw the mets hat a couple times haha

This sucks!!!! Cmcast Carmel doesn't seem to carry National Geographic Channel, unless I'm going blind. Anybody else use this carrier?

doc, channel 181

doc, channel 181

Oh, ok. Then it's my problem, cause I don't have a box, so all I get is up to Ch 80. N. G. should be like Discovery and History Channels in the "Expanded Basic"

Just ended, it was interesting to see that tragic day from another point of view.

NEVER FORGET THE 343

Edited by pcfdrfd700

I have to admit I was a little disappointed with the way it turned out. A lot of stuff that was edited out in the final cut, such as the manual operations of fire dispatch, and what we do when the CADS decides to go crash on us. Aside from that, I was disappointed more people from FDNY, EMS, NYPD, FDJC, and PAPD weren't involved. My wife was in tears. There was also a little rant I went on about the tapes, and how they were released last year that didn't get put out. Kinda annoyed at that as well.

Edited by JBE