Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Citizens Radar Patrol Program

5 posts in this topic

It seems like a good idea. Any department around here participate in this kind of program?

Ore. residents use radar on speeders

THE DALLES, Ore. (AP) -- Residents of The Dalles are taking the radar guns into their own hands. The police are lending the guns to people concerned about speeders in their neighborhoods.

"If they find one that has excessive speed, we will send a letter to the registered owner of that car," said Chief Jay Waterbury. "If it can help eliminate an accident or two, it's well worth it."

So far, 14 people have signed up for the Citizen Radar Patrol Program. Many keep watch on streets near schools.

Elena Bandell uses a radar gun because she's frustrated about teenagers and other drivers speeding on the streets around The Dalles High School.

"We don't need these streets and street lights to be memorials," said Bandell. "I don't want one named after my daughter."

http://www.yahoonews.com

Maybe they could give them each a spike mat, too.

EM308

Nice

I am not so sure this is a good idea. You will get some wacker that thinks it's ok to chase them down after clocking them.

I can see some road rage from this. All it takes is some nut case to see you pointing the radar gun at him (or her), slam on his (or her) breaks, get out of the car and the fight is on.

I can see some road rage from this. All it takes is some nut case to see you pointing the radar gun at him (or her), slam on his (or her) breaks, get out of the car and the fight is on.

Where do I sign up? ;)