Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ems-buff

Happy Anniversary! (How Has This Site Helped You?)

14 posts in this topic

Yes I know it sound very conceded, but I have a point to make here. Today marks my 3 year anniversary on the EMTBravo site, and in those three years I have learn a lot about EMS, and about life. I have made some good friends on here as well. I wouldn’t trade that for the world. So as I celebrate my 3 year mark. I would like to take the time to ask everyone here. Has this site help you in anyway?? I mean besides the buff’s out there. Has anyone found it useful for work, education, maybe even friends????? I know that this site has helped me with all three. I know it sound corny, but make Seth happy that his internet child is doing some good for people.

Yes this site has help me on training class, idea for the ems and fire service and updates on local news that you dont always here on the news.

Yes it absolutely helped me , both with everything for Jimboy and our organization. As well I have picked up local news and Training information.

This site is just plain awesome. I've been a member since the begining, and it's amazing how this site has grown, but is no suprise given all the effort Seth has put into it. Sure, some people complain about the forum, but those people are in the minority. I think the majority of us love the site, and I don't know what I'd do without it- it's become such a fixture. I like that it keeps on growing and evolving, and is becoming such a go-to source for information. I really like the recent Agency reference addition, as well as the email newsletter. Keep up the great work, Seth!

Good topic, Vinny.

Other than the obvious benefits of information sharing...

I wouldn't have my current job if I hadn't seen it posted on this site.

Also when I was doing research for the Ladder 26 Truck Committee, I was able to get a lot of useful information from this site and its members.

Many thanks to Seth and everyone else who keeps this site running.

I like to know what's going on incident wise. Truck 4 and all the people who post the Incident Alerts rock! This board is a great source for area incidents, I just wish it would go mobile somehow.

Apart form the interesting opinions and posting of interesting bits and pieces - I've been able to attend several training seminars / course that I probably wouldn't have heard about.

It's also given me the chance to apply for a couple of jobs - not that they've gone anywhere to date.

It's also let me vent once in a while too!

Apart form the interesting opinions and posting of interesting bits and pieces - I've been able to attend several training seminars / course that I probably wouldn't have heard about.

It's also given me the chance to apply for a couple of jobs - not that they've gone anywhere to date.

It's also let me vent once in a while too!

Not being in the field as most members are, I have found it very useful in that, when the sirens go off, within minutes, 9 times out of 10, there is an incident report on here. Its like up to the minute news, if you will.

It is also nice to see how you are supportive of one another. When you need to come together for whatever the reason, you are all there.

Most of all, my thanks to each and everyone of you for chosing the service you are in. You are a great group of people!!

Keep up the good work, continue to enjoy what you do, and be safe.

Tuna

Edited by tunaFish

Bumb? Anyone else?? Let's give seth alilttle well deserve apreciation. I mean he does give us a great site for free.......

I like to know what's going on incident wise. Truck 4 and all the people who post the Incident Alerts rock! This board is a great source for area incidents, I just wish it would go mobile somehow.

EM2FD, there is a mobil lo-fi version, go to EMTBravo.mobi, I've never tried it but it should work.

And also under consideration right now, there is the development of an alert pager-type feature. It's being seriously looked into.

ems-buff, Ive found a lot of interesting information from coming here, and have learned a lot just from "listening" to everyone.

And I too, especially enjoy the incident alerts.

Kudos to Truck4, and all the others who post the latest events, keeping everybody current with the latest happenings. And especially to Seth, for putting the whole thing up in the first place. The site has really grown from its humble beginnings.

It really is a great community!

I have learned a lot about Computers from everyone on this site!! I have made a few friends, and I have had a chance to see how each department functions differently from the rest. Its very interesting to follow the debates about topics I dont understand too well like the political mumbo jumbo, and law enforcement issues facing our brothers/sisters in blue.

I love the site, and hope it will be around for a long time, and will continue to support it any way I can.

Thanks to Seth, and all of his team for making a great place to share and learn.

Moose

This site has helped me findout information that I would not normally get such as the incindent alerts, and the apparatus news.

Great job by Seth on this site.

Edited by pcfdrfd700

I think this site is great, I've met alot of great friends on here and also this site helped me thru my EMT class too.

Thank you

keep it comming

There are several things I like about this site. I like to Incident Alerts so I know what is going on not only in my area, but the whole region. I really like posting and reading news of apparatus deliveries as well. Most importantly, I learn a lot about my job and safer and better ways to do it.

Additionaly, I was very honored to be appointed a Moderator by Seth. I now not only check in each day for news, etc., I feel somewhat responsible for what is in the forums. I appreciate the information all the members share and I enjoy replying and posting my two cents once in a while. We all have a great thing here, lets nurture it and keep it going strong.

JVC