Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

A Sad Fate For Banksville's Old Engine 158

8 posts in this topic

Thanks to an anonymous tipster on my blog, I was able to obtain these photos this morning of what used to be Banksville Engine 158. It was a 1988 Mack MR/Ward 79 that served Banksville for 19 years.

Unfortunetly, it's destined to become a dump truck, or so I am told. It is sitting in a paving comany's parking lot. It's sad, I'm sure there are a lot of poorer, rural communities in our nation that would have loved to have this engine. It is sad to think that this was a working fire engine only a couple of months ago.

post-11-1194982911.jpg

post-11-1194982926.jpg

Engine 158 looks (looked) like a great truck its to bad to see trucks torn apart when they still have potential for serving. Atleast it will be put to good use as a dump truck.

here is a completed version. Yes when I was at the new E-158 wetdown I was told that in fact this truck is becoming a dump truck.

post-1726-1194984109.jpg

Edited by nutty1

Truly a shame to see such a good looking rig meet such a lousy fate, what with so many other departments that could have gotten a few more years out of it, or private collectors who'd love to preserve it and appreciate it for what it is.

Could have sworn somebody said it was a CF, though, last time the subject came up.

Mutual Aid Americas, Inc., a Mahopac based non-profit that trains and equips fire companies in developing countries along with my used fire apparatus company made an effort to buy it and return it to service. Did not even get a call back from the Banksville FD. We even tried to bring a couple of Fire Chiefs tup to see it.

Like you said - too bad.