Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Pascack Valley Hospital Prepares To Close: ER No Longer Accepting Patients

4 posts in this topic

Sad. You think a hospital that serves a large, wealthy population would be able to make it. I guess Englewood and the surrounding towns will be taking over the MICU responsibilties, but what's going to happen to the MICU trucks?

Pascack Valley Hospital prepares to close

By JANE LERNER

THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original publication: November 14, 2007)

WESTWOOD, N.J. - The last ambulance pulled into the emergency room parking lot at Pascack Valley Hospital this morning as the hospital prepared to close its doors for good next week.

Pascack Valley stopped accepting emergency patients at 7 a.m. today.

The emergency room will be open for walk-in patients until 3 p.m. next Wednesday, according to hospital spokeswoman Heather Wolff.

"When the ER closes Wednesday, the hospital is effectively closed," she said. Some administrative staff will remain at the hospital through December to provide patient records.

Local ambulance crews and paramedics have been told that they can no longer transport patients to the Westwood hospital.

Pearl River ambulance received a letter several weeks ago, according to Maryanne Portoro, administrator of the corps.

The ambulance company normally transported five or six Rockland patients to the Bergen County hospital every month or so, said Portoro, a member of the corp.

"We take people where they want to go," she said. "If their doctor was at Pascack, they requested to go there."

Other services provided to Rockland residents by the New Jersey hospital are also coming to an end as the hospital, which filed for bankruptcy in September, prepares to shut its doors.

Hackensack has taken over the MICU contracts and area. Last I heard the PVH medics are holding things down until this weekend.

Englewood (203) and Valley also will pick up I'll tell you our work load has picked up at work( i work in materials management @ englewood If any one can provide full time MICU services there it would be great

Heard today at work that hackensack won contract to provide MICU service to that area Congrat'$$$$$$$$$