Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jloftus

Positive -History of FDMV

18 posts in this topic

On a positive note Local 107 invites all to go to our site and look over the history of our companies: History FDMV tab.

Enjoy the reading with more to follow, Also we thank Chief Henry Campbell who was the author.

Jim Loftus

Ladder 2

Absolutely OUTSTANDING !! Chief Campbell and others within FDMV should be extremely proud of what they have been able to assemble. I understand that this site is still a work in progress, but I think allot of people would like to see some photos of some historical fires/emergencies within Mount Vernon. FINALLY, it is really sad to see FOAM 1, just stilling behind the Fulton Avenue Station, not doing anything. Ideally, I would bet that the members of FDMV would like to see:

STATION 1:

Engine 6

Ladder 2

STATION 2:

Engine 5

Ladder 3

Rescue 1

Foam 1

STATION 3

Engine 3

Ladder 1

Engine 1

STATION 4

Engine 2

Engine 4

This would be, what I believe, the ideal service level for the City of Mount Vernon, New York

Again, Kudos to all those who built this wonderful site. And to the Members of FDMV (Past and Present) STAY SAFE and WELL !!

Awesome history of the department! Keep it updated and also keep on researching, I bet you'll find more about each company through old newspaper articles and such. Again great job guys!

Nice Job with the site! There's quite a bit if interesting info on it. Keep up the good work! Looks like you've got a good thing going there!

Very interested read, Kudos to Chief Campbell for a job well done. My Family has known the Chief for a very long time. One of the smartest men in the Fire Service.

Well just when some positive news comes our way I'm afraid to say Verizon droped our site on their end and Im trying to get it back up, please stand by when the site is back up I'll repost.

And yes Chief Campbell was a great boss, we knew what the deal was with him. Ya cant ask for more.

Jim Loftus

Ladder2

Jim, it comes up fine for me. No problems at all

Well just when some positive news comes our way I'm afraid to say Verizon droped our site on their end and Im trying to get it back up, please stand by when the site is back up I'll repost.

And yes Chief Campbell was a great boss, we knew what the deal was with him. Ya cant ask for more.

Jim Loftus

Ladder2

whats happening with the foam unit as it was captioned "never to roll"

I like the photo of Ladder 3's full crew on fdmv.net

post-4961-1195274574.jpg

Site is back , take a look and lets us know what you think of the History tab, hopefully there will be a page dated for the 60's and 70's when we really rocked.

Any Pics out there would be great, I bet some of you guys got some good ones.

Thanks again

Jim

Jim - I can get back into the site this morning now as well. Again, kudos to you and Chief Campbell.

Are there plans to continue on from Page 17 in the History Section, to include the 1900's (Especially, the 1950's, 1960's, 1970's, 1980, and 1990's). Such information on how the Old Companies evolved into the Engine, Truck, Snorkel, Foam, and Rescue Companies they eventually became. Also information about the Volunteer and Paid Departments, and how they were structured during the 1900's would also be very interesting reading

Thanks again !!!

Jimmy

I have some fire shots from the late 8o's and 90's. Like this one West Grand Street and Fleetwood Ave.

post-1209-1195309426.jpg

Edited by TR54

Yes, I'm gonna try to put together a collection and use times frames, Volunteer manpower and changing times. Thier history cant be denied in Mt. Vernon its part of it.

Getting the info and transferring it takes time, and Mt. Vernon library has its own problems so getting to the room downstairs is a problem right now, thats were a lot of good stuff is, but like firehouses thier building is damaged and undergoing very slow repair.

Cpage - Thanks again

Anybody know how to get in touch with Jerry Formasano, Might have messed that name up?? I think he would be a good source.

Jim

PS problems getting to site:

delete your cookies: then close browser: your in

Edited by jloftus

Yes, I'm gonna try to put together a collection and use times frames, Volunteer manpower and changing times. Thier history cant be denied in Mt. Vernon its part of it.

Getting the info and transferring it takes time, and Mt. Vernon library has its own problems so getting to the room downstairs is a problem right now, thats were a lot of good stuff is, but like firehouses thier building is damaged and undergoing very slow repair.

Cpage - Thanks again

Anybody know how to get in touch with Jerry Formasano, Might have messed that name up?? I think he would be a good source.

Jim

PS problems getting to site:

delete your cookies: then close browser: your in

Jim

Reach out Ray Misarindino Lt.Roy's Dad

Jimmy;

I gotta believe Roy's dad can get in touch with Jerry. Also there has to be boxes of Paul Carramuto's pictures someplace in the station on Third St. There used to be 4 or 5 boxes of them dating back to the 50's. Also when all of the volunteers quarters were consolidated some of those pictures ended up there too. PM me and we'll figure it out. I have a few here from the 70's and maybe even the 80's boxed down stairs.

Allan

These may have been post a while ago. But here they are again from youngstown web page.

i think Chief HAC was a probie with this guy.......Just Kiding Chief and great job with the history on the site.

post-1209-1195330069.jpg

post-1209-1195330077.jpg

Edited by CPAGE

A few years ago at Fire HQ there was boxes of pictures in the basement from the photo lab that used to be on the 2nd floor,I think that alot of them were tossed because of the past sewage leaks. Still might be some floating around though.maybe you can look jim.