Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Anyone Play an Instrument?

22 posts in this topic

i know this has so much to do with the emergency services (ha!), but i play the drums and have been wanting to start up a band, or at least a "jam session."

i absolutely love to play every type of music from rock to big band, swing, jazz, classical, pop...you name it.

the only reason why im askin on EMTBravo is i love when bands play powerful songs attributed to the everyday hero...none of this "pimp and hoe" music.

i've been playing the drums for over 10 years and have been in 3 bands and have played countless shows. i miss the live stage and am looking for anyone who plays the acoustic guitar, electric guitar, electric/upright bass, trumpet, cello, violin, French horn, singer…whatever…and wants to either record or perform live…or both.

If anyone’s interested let me know!

Edited by vacguy

i've also been playing the drums for 10+ yrs and I am currently in a band. Hey vacguy what kind of kit do you have.

i've also been playing the drums for 10+ yrs and I am currently in a band. Hey vacguy what kind of kit do you have.

its a basic pearl export (base, 2 tom toms, 1 floor tom and snare) i use a twin base pedal. i use 2 hi-hats, 4-5 crashes, 2 chinas, 3 splashes, and 2 rides.

how about yourself? what kind of music u guys play?

Nice, your a color guy thats awesome. I wish i had the money for more cymbals. I also have a Pearl EX with 2 toms, 2 floor toms, one bass drum w/ the eliminator pedal. I got the 13" hi hats and 3 crashes 1 china and 1 ride. We play alt. rock with hint of funk and other goodies.

btw. do you use both rides at the same time?

ive been playing the drums for about 6 years now. I am mostlyinto hardcore and heavy metal. I have a pulse 8 peice: 3 rack toms, 2 floor, 1 snare, ad double bass drums. I have 2 crashes(14 and 16 inch) a 20" ride, 10" slash, and zildjian 14" hihats. the equipment and drums i have are kinda crappy but i just got it, and its cool, cause i didnt pay for it!! haha!!

Nice, your a color guy thats awesome. I wish i had the money for more cymbals. I also have a Pearl EX with 2 toms, 2 floor toms, one bass drum w/ the eliminator pedal. I got the 13" hi hats and 3 crashes 1 china and 1 ride. We play alt. rock with hint of funk and other goodies.

btw. do you use both rides at the same time?

kool, i like the pearl ex, they're good drums for the money. i don't use both rides at the same time (like carter beauford of DMB) i use on ride as its traditionally used and the other i use as a crash/ride bc it has a very long sustaining sound i love. is the eliminator that new pedal that just came out?

Edited by vacguy

ive been playing the drums for about 6 years now. I am mostlyinto hardcore and heavy metal. I have a pulse 8 peice: 3 rack toms, 2 floor, 1 snare, ad double bass drums. I have 2 crashes(14 and 16 inch) a 20" ride, 10" slash, and zildjian 14" hihats. the equipment and drums i have are kinda crappy but i just got it, and its cool, cause i didnt pay for it!! haha!!

i've never heard of pulse drums...i'll have to look them up. although i don't always prefer hardcore rock (love the music, sometimes can't stand the vocals!) but i do love to play it. its a fun very fast paced genre

i've never heard of pulse drums...i'll have to look them up. although i don't always prefer hardcore rock (love the music, sometimes can't stand the vocals!) but i do love to play it. its a fun very fast paced genre

if you are looking up pulse to buy them, i dont recommend them. They are good for beginners, price wise, however.. the equipment like the boom cymbal stands, sometimes fail.

I'm a little bit rusty, but I played trumpet all the way through til the day I graduated high school (8 years) and I really miss not continuing it (had no outlet once I graduated).

I've been playing mucical instruments for the past 25 year of my life, I started young.

Guitar & bass = 19 years

Clarinet, Sax, flute = 25 years.

Drums = 13 years.

Been playing guitar and electric bass for about 13 years. Was in a couple of punk-rock bands, mostly for fun, in high school and college. Also play a bit of mandolin and have a couple of tin whistles (I enjoy Irish folk tunes). Recently have been working on my harmonica skills, but I respect my upstairs neighbors so I keep it to a minimum. Would love to be in a band again, but my work schedule makes that kinda tough. I play everything from the Grateful Dead to the Dead Kennedys.

Edit: I'm pretty handy on a drumkit, too... although I take half an hour to adjust everything for my 80" wingspan :P

Edited by 242steve

Briefly played the trombone (6th grade) but I was not very good at it.

haha, great topic...

I've been playing trombone for the past 11 years (since 4th grade). I was in my high school marching band for 6 years (7th-12th grade) and was section leader my sophomore year and junior year n was Drum Major my senior year. i played baritone my freshman year because i broke my wrist and it was a brass instrument i could carry easily (i used a concert baritone, not marching). I also had a trombone solo my junior year and a dueling trumpet solo against my twin bro my senior year. I marched with the Jersey Surf Drum and Bugle Corps in 2004 and 2005 where i played euphonium and baritone. I've been in many jazz ensembles, a big band, trombone ensemble, and a brass quintet. I have also played in my school concerts where we played rock music n ska n basically n e thing random like moulin rouge or michael jackson's thriller. I was a music ed major in college but have changed to a criminal justice major. i love to play basically anything and everything. I think it would be cool to have a memorial/tribute band or somethin of the sort.

Definitly sounds like a good time.

if you are looking up pulse to buy them, i dont recommend them. They are good for beginners, price wise, however.. the equipment like the boom cymbal stands, sometimes fail.

Haha, i also had the pulse 8 piece drum kit... worst $600 i have ever used! The useless boomstand decided to fail during one of my band's gigs. It was embarrassing to say the least.

By the way the eliminator has been out there for a little bit. Its the one Chad Smith from the chili peppers uses. Its incredible.

The EMTBravo Philharmonic is forming, lol!!

sethconductor.jpg

lol hey, you never know!

its nice that a lot of guys/gals play instruments! of many of you are willin to make an attempt to jam one day? don't know where, don't know when, but i'd just like to see who's interested!

my idea to to do something good with this, like benefit functions

Edited by vacguy

I'm definitely game. Think I would have to go brush the dust, and rust, and corrosion off the trumpet first, lol!!

i do miss playing, and would love to get back into it!!!

wow, im impressed with everyone. theres a lot more musically inclined members then i thought there would be.... anyway, i am a trumpet player. i have been playing since 4th grade and im in my third year of college, so you do the math. im defenetly in for a tribute thing and jam sessions. i have a lot of experience with multiple groups playing basically every type of music out there. i have had solos and duets and so on.... i wont bore you with anymore specifics, just wanted to let you know im interested :).

Ive been playing drums for 12 year, guitar and bass for about 7, and I sing. Ive played all three instruments in various bands. I'm also in the concert choir here at Auburn and sang with a band in High school. O, and I also played the baritone horn and then the tuba/sousaphone in HS band. I have a Pearl 6 piece drum kit with mix and match cymbals. I used to also have a Maxx kit that was my first kit, but sadly it got lost to the floods of this past spring in a friend's basement. I have two acoustic guitars of crappy brands, I have an ovation acoustic electric, a Jackson Kelly body electric guitar, and an Ibanez bass.

I'd love to learn to play the guitar or drums.....I don't think I have the rythm or natural skill needed though. Is it really hard to learn? I know they have all kinds of things to help you learn nowadays, but do they really work and don't you really have to have natural talent?

I also wish that I could sing. And have my own band similar to Stone Sour, Disturbed, Adema, etc...but that isn't ever going to happen, lol!

I