Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pro-tech 8 gloves

22 posts in this topic

Anyone else using these? I have had them for about a year and I wont wear anything else. I have been testing the new titan models and they just get better and better.

http://www.pro-tech8.com/

If anyone has any questions about them please ask away. I have extensive knowledge.

Stay Safe!

Yeah I have a pair and they are the best gloves I have ever used.

Whats new with the titans?

Titans have more leather in areas they thought were critical, such as around the thumb/palm joint and around the top of the thumb. I have them at work. If anyone is interested I can snap some photos tomorrow night and post them.

Fairview (Dutchess) has been using these golves recently as a trial sets. The glove is well designed and fits your hand like a glove should.

Fairview (Dutchess) has been using these golves recently as a trial sets. The glove is well designed and fits your hand like a glove should.

Do they come in black???????

Because I am the Official Tradition Hater...No they only come in Yellow, Lime Green, and Purple. :P

I have had these for over a year now. Actually--bought an extra set just in case. Best glove I have ever had. Been through a lot of abuse and still doing fine. The new model is said to be considerably better and more corfortable. The company that makes them is called Tech Trade. They make some interasting products http://techtradellc.com/

We also purchase some of the warming blankets from them--another outstanding product.

I went up to the techtrade office, and picked up the Titans about a 2 months ago, and so far, theyve been worth every penny. Cant say enough good things about them compared to the blue oven mitts I had been using.

I've been looking for more dexterous gloves for a while now, are there any dealers around here? I'd like to try them on before dropping money like that.

They do not come in all black. Simply because the material used is naturally gold in color. Kevlar is a yellow fiber thats why you see it all the high risk areas of the glove that couldnt be covered in leather for protection.

As far as the AAA letter.

Saw the letter, TechTrade also has a response to the letter on the site.

The letter was created by MP when they caught wind that the FDNY FF's and many other people were pushing for the gloves.

Been to their offices spoke with the reps. The Gloves talked about in the letter were the originals made prior to some improvements to make them NFPA compliant. Techtrade knew the originals were not compliant because while they were making them the NFPA Codes changed some.

As of today the ProTech Gloves are 100% compliant. It's up to you and or your Department to choose to use them or not. Don't go by the letter of some company trying to hold ground on their sales.

They do not come in all black. Simply because the material used is naturally gold in color. Kevlar is a yellow fiber thats why you see it all the high risk areas of the glove that couldnt be covered in leather for protection.

Sorry Roofopen, it was a private joke at my local FD. Had to get my shot in with FFD941 when I had a chance.

Be well and be safe. Happy holidays to all.

It's no doubt these gloves are very comfortable. But there are a number of guys at my job that have been wearing them for about a year now, and have reported that while wearing them in fires, they weren't getting the thermal protection that they were expecting, compared to the old style leather gloves. A few of them have given them up for other brands. Since they ordered these a year ago, these may be the non-NFPA compliant models. I personally don't wear them but I figured I'd mention this for anyone looking to get a pair.

It's no doubt these gloves are very comfortable. But there are a number of guys at my job that have been wearing them for about a year now, and have reported that while wearing them in fires, they weren't getting the thermal protection that they were expecting, compared to the old style leather gloves. A few of them have given them up for other brands. Since they ordered these a year ago, these may be the non-NFPA compliant models. I personally don't wear them but I figured I'd mention this for anyone looking to get a pair.

I have been wearing these for over a year. I have been in numerous situations that should have cause burns from conduction and had nothing but melted materials on them. These guys who state they have not had thermal protection from training are feeding people bad information. Did these Brother's suffer burns? If they did they will without a doubt be far less than they would have been with plain old leather gloves. Do not let the fact that these gloves are not wrapped in leather change your confidence in them. All the gloves they sold were NFPA compliant, even though thats a joke. The BS Morning Pride Blue Fire Commanders I get at work are NFPA compliant, and all they are is a piece of leather and a thin vapor barrier. If you think you are getting better protection from two layers of material as opposed to 8, you will let your ignorance lead you, not the facts.

The super gloves are a joke. Morning Pride is getting angry that someone is more successful than them at their own game. The main guys behind Pro-Tech

are individuals that care about us, and the fact that up to this point have never had a glove that has been this affordable and with function to boot. Many bring up the fact that they are assembled in Pakistan, big deal, most of the cars that are domestic arent even made here. If these gloves were made here in the US they would be twice the cost, its just smart business. The only thing close to the dexterity of these are those chiba gloves at 99 a pop, and they dont even meet the dexterity that the pro-tech's have.

If you look at all into thermal dynamics and basic physics you will see that his design is far superior to what else is out there.

Feeding people bad information? I don't think so. They tried them in both training and real fires and didn't like them... what more do you want? If you don't agree, that's your opinion. You say the super gloves are a joke, yet I know several guys that love them. Are you on Pro-Tech's payroll?.. because you sure sound like a salesman.

If they dont want them, PM me and ill give you my address. I can always use another pair as a back up! As for me being a salesman, remember the commercial where it says an educated consumer is our best customer? Enough said. Just tell Jiggy I said, 'hi', and to retire already!

I picked up a pair of these last year and they were very snug and comfortable. The only thing that I did not like about them was that they began to form holes and the seams began to tear. I also did not like the wrist straps on the gloves, so a few months ago I purchased the new no-wrist strap version for $30 and they are much more comfortable and durable.

Has anyone had dealings with the "Super Glove"? It seems to be a main competitor of the Pro-tech 8 gloves and there's a fair bit of rivalry between the two.

I have tried the Super Gloves on. A huge improvement if you are used to wearing anything other than the Pro-Tech's. Part of their slanderous ad campaign is in response to the lack of sales they have generated. Super Glove states they are made with some revolutionary new process, when all they really did was put a slight ergonomic arc in the glove and called it revolutionary.

Edited by roofsopen

The super glove is also about $40 more than the pro-tech.

From what I understand, the pro-tech that was forming holes on the seams are from the old NFPA standards, and these areas were improved with the new standards.

As for total fire groups slander, they were holding a blow torch to the inside of the gloves in one of their "tests". I dont know anyones hands that will not melt when held up to a blow torch, but thats just me.

And NO, I'm not a salesman, I was just impressed with the research I did on the pro-techs, and from dealing with Andy from tech trade in person.

I picked up a pair of these last year and they were very snug and comfortable. The only thing that I did not like about them was that they began to form holes and the seams began to tear. I also did not like the wrist straps on the gloves, so a few months ago I purchased the new no-wrist strap version for $30 and they are much more comfortable and durable.

where'd you get them for $30?