Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DR104

New Rochelle Ladder 13 In A Kids Book

11 posts in this topic

So I am playing with my 14 month old son when he hands me a book. The title is My First Colors board Book. So I open it to read to him and to my surprise what do I find on the color red page,(I knew it was going to be a fire truck) New Rochelle Ladder 13. LOL. :lol:

So I am playing with my 14 month old son when he hands me a book. The title is My First Colors board Book. So I open it to read to him and to my surprise what do I find on the color red page,(I knew it was going to be a fire truck) New Rochelle Ladder 13. LOL. :lol:

post-1341-1197065511.jpg

post-1341-1197064923.jpg

Here is the old (1989) NRFD Ladder 13 and White Plains T-1

The old ladder 13 was also in another book, along with the Mount Vernon snorkel, rescue 4, and a old New Rochelle cheifs car and White Plains truck 1.

Edited by pcfdrfd700

I've also noticed the Westchester County Haz-Mat truck is also in a lot of children's books

Old L-13 after it was removed from service was acting Ladder 7 in Ansonia, CT while our old ladder truck was OOS. This was about 4 or 5 years ago.

back in the day, when i was a kid, i had that book and my father explained that it was a NRFD truck and that is close to mamaroneck

For a Christmas gift somebody got my son a book "Drive a Fire Engine". In it they have New Rochelle Ladder 13, a DC GMC and Rescue 4,White Plains Truck 1, Westchester County Haz-Mat rigs. They also have New Rochelle personal in it. A firefighter sliding down a pole and a head shot of a DC sitting in his truck talking on the radio. "This fire's a big one!'" LOL :lol: .The copyright is 1999.

For a Christmas gift somebody got my son a book "Drive a Fire Engine". In it they have New Rochelle Ladder 13, a DC GMC and Rescue 4,White Plains Truck 1, Westchester County Haz-Mat rigs. They also have New Rochelle personal in it. A firefighter sliding down a pole and a head shot of a DC sitting in his truck talking on the radio. "This fire's a big one!'" LOL :lol: .The copyright is 1999.

The firefighter sliding down the pole is FF Anthony Costa. The picture was taken at Sta. 2 on Webster Ave.

Old L-13 after it was removed from service was acting Ladder 7 in Ansonia, CT while our old ladder truck was OOS. This was about 4 or 5 years ago.

The Ladder 13 that appears in the children's book had a MAJOR mechanical failure which caused it to be placed out of service and then removed from the city about 10 years ago. The current Ladder 13 replaced it about a year after it was placed O/S.

The old ladder was REBUILT and is now a spare ladder somewhere in Virginia I believe.

We have that too!