Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stewie

New Hastings Apparatus

8 posts in this topic

I was just informed that at last night's board of trustee's meeting bids were awarded to Seagrave for a new pumper to replace engine 46 (84 hahn) and to lifeline for a new ambulance to replace 62-b2(89 medtec).

I just read in the Nov/Dec 2007 edition of Fire Apparatus & Emergency Equipment that, in New York, Hastings FD, placed an order for an American LaFrance Liberty Pumper, 1250GPM, 1000 Gal. tank with delivery in May.

The listing seems odd because the order was through the ALF factory division in Clay, NY, not Garrison Fire or Campbell Fire.

Is there another Hastings FD in NY?

Stewie, thanks for the info!!

Is there another Hastings FD in NY?

I noticed that as well. I was going to post, but found it strange that it was sold directly from the factory, and on a budget chasis with a 1,000 gallon tank.

But before I posted, I found out there is a Hastings, NY that is a suburb of Syracuse, a small rural town upstate.

Stewie, thanks for the info!!

I noticed that as well. I was going to post, but found it strange that it was sold directly from the factory, and on a budget chasis with a 1,000 gallon tank.

But before I posted, I found out there is a Hastings, NY that is a suburb of Syracuse, a small rural town upstate.

Isn't our Westchester Hastings actually Hastings on Hudson or is that a third Hastings???

You're right it is actaully Hastings-on-Hudson FD, but its a little easier to say hastings.

They are in the process of drafting the specs for a new ladder to go to bid in the next year or two. From what I've heard they are staying with a tiller

They are in the process of drafting the specs for a new ladder to go to bid in the next year or two. From what I've heard they are staying with a tiller

nice i love that lafrance tiller, i hope they get another one but its gonna be a seagrave i bet but i do love hearing the detroit diesel hall up the 5 cornors