Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Digital Scanner "Buzz" Before/After Transmissions

5 posts in this topic

I have the Uniden Bearcat BCD996T Digital Scanner, and am still learning to use it, as it's much more complicated then the regular scanners I've been using for years. I have the BuTel ARC software for this scanner, and I use that to program it.

I am just curious if there's any way to get rid of the "buzz", which I assume is a data transmission, the either precedes or ends a digital transmission?

Thanks for any help

Seth on the 996. You can set the Audio to Apco25 only.

Check page 87 of your user guide and see if that helps.

However when the scanner hears the digital audio it takes a second to sync up and start decoding audio, this may be what you are hearing.

Seth,

The Uniden 785D , Trunk APCO 25 - does the same thing as Tom mentioned . Static / BUZZ type noise preceeding radio transmission on GPD frequency.

post-23-1197909606.jpg

How do you like the BCD996T? I've been looking at getting a digital scanner, but have read some iffy reports about it online. With post-christmas sales (hopefully) soon approaching, it might be time for the new scanner!

I just got the BCD996T and so far I'm happy with it. Plus I'm having fun playing with the programs!

If you want to make life easier, then do yourself a favor and get the BuTel ARC996 software for programming it.

http://www.butel.nl/bc996/bcd996.html

Then, to make life even easier yet, you can get a subscription over at RadioReference.com which allows you to import conventional and trunked systems right into your ARC software, where you can further edit it (if needed) and upload to the scanner.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/

If you want to save some money, the BCT15 is all you need if all you're going to listen to is Westchester traffic.