Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

EMTBravo.com Server Transition Update (Hopefully Completed!)

17 posts in this topic

(For some of you that may not know, we have been experiencing some server issues over the past few weeks)

EMTBRAVO.COM MAY EXPERIENCE SOME TEMPORARY DOWNTIME THIS WEEKEND!

Due to a significant spike in traffic to EMTBravo.com, we are forced to upgrade to a new, faster, dedicated server with a new webhost. We attempted a server move earlier this week, but EMTBravo.com has outgrown a shared server enviroment and requires it's own server now. We hope to have this transition completed within the next few days. We're making this move to ensure that EMTBravo.com can grow more, handle the growing traffic, as well as load quickly for all members. at all times.

I apologize in advance for any difficulties you may encounter during this process. We thank you for your continued support and patience while we take this enormous step forward to make EMTBravo.com even better!

EMTBravo.com has made the move onto our brand new, dedicated server! *Big sigh of relief* We now are the proud owners of a whole entire Linux Pentium powered server now, for the exclusive use of the EMTBravo websites. (We are still operating off several different servers for now, but plan on consolidating most of our sites to our new server over the next few months) . The fun part is, I now get to learn/teach myself how to be a server administrator, oh boy!!!

With this move, we have a new "address" on the internet. Due to that, it may take up to 72 hours for some computers to find the new (technical) address. (The site itself is always located at http://www.emtbravo.com)

Also, if you can see the yellow message on EMTBravo.com confirming you are viewing the site on the new server, please give me some comfort and post here that you're seeing that message. And if you can let me know how fast or slow it is loading, that would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

Please feel free to contact us with any problems at EMTBravo@EMTBravo.com, or by posting on this thread.

I just logged onto emtbravo.com, and the site was not shown, only the ftp view, just to let you know.

just checked now and I have a blank white page, with nothing in the html code, but the favicon.ico is appearing.

just checked now and I have a blank white page, with nothing in the html code, but the favicon.ico is appearing.

Give it a few hours as described above for changes to propogate across the internet. Remember to clear you temporary internet files, flush your DNS cache, and close and reopen a new browser window if you still can't access the site by tommorow miday.

Works great! Faster than ever!

Same Here!!!! I don't remember it EVER loading this fast!!!!!

When I go to emtbravo.net, I get the "IE cannot open the website..." but when I try it again, it works. Is this problem on my end?

When I go to emtbravo.net, I get the "IE cannot open the website..." but when I try it again, it works. Is this problem on my end?

Nope, happens to me too. And I cant get to emtbravo.com, keeps coming up a white page, even when I try to refresh the page nothing happens. Ill try again later and let you know.

Same thing happening to me.

The word is FAST VERY FAST great job.

Thanks

Been having this happen to me the last couple of days. Hit refresh, the page always comes up.

Checked out .com and saw the banner. It loaded ALOT faster than it ever has before for me.

Seth - nice work - I got redirect messages last night a few times, but this morning came up first try, and damned fast. Bravo!

Any answers to this problem yet?

Any answers to this problem yet?

There is a server issue on the EMTBravo.net that the webhost is working to correct, hopefully soon.

I am working on a ton of IT stuff right now and am a little overwhelmed. I appreciate everyone's patience during this time, and I aks that if you are having a problem accessing any EMTBravo website, please let me know so I can resolve the issue.

If you are still having trouble accessing EMTBravo.COM:

This should be a temporary issue that should resolve overnight for all users.

If you cannot view the site still please try the following:

1. clear all browser cookies, cache/temporary internet files, and history.

2. update all bookmarks related to the domain you are attempting to access.

3. reload the browser.

4. try accessing the domain(s) using http://www.megaproxy.com/freesurf/

5. You may need to run the following command as well, to clear dns cache:

Windows 2000:

a. go to start > run

b. type: cmd [enter]

c. at the prompt type: ipconfig /dnsflush

d. close the command prompt window.

Windows XP:

a. go to start > run

b. type: cmd [enter]

c. at the prompt type: ipconfig /flushdns

d. close the command prompt window.

MAC:

a. open a terminal window

b. type: lookupd -flushcache

Windows 98/98SE/ME:

there is no dns cache flush option on these operating systems.

(restarting pc may help).

If this does not help, restart your pc, and try again.

If it is still not reachable, you may need to allow up to 6 hours for propagation time.

Tried it again this AM when I got into work and it worked great. Downloaded fast and I saw the yello banner message too. Works nice Seth.