Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OoO

Police Reward Good Drivers With Coffee

18 posts in this topic

Motorists may be in for a surprise if they spot flashing red lights in their rearview mirrors in this Sacramento suburb during the holiday season.

Police are stopping law-abiding motorists and rewarding their good driving with $5 Starbucks gift cards.

Full article: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5htAuRX-...8XwH0AD8TJD4JO0

Interesting idea...but not so good if your in a rush to be somewhere.

Ive always wanted a "happy face sticker" program! Some people actually drive well, its the 75% that are complete idiots!

starbucks coffee is garbage duckin dounuts is sooooooooooooo much better

That's what I want, to be pulled over for being "good". Probably scares the poop out of these poor innocent people! And then you get the one that forgot to make that insurance payment and gets their car impounded for going the speed limit and driving well but got pulled over anyways.

That's what I want, to be pulled over for being "good". Probably scares the poop out of these poor innocent people! And then you get the one that forgot to make that insurance payment and gets their car impounded for going the speed limit and driving well but got pulled over anyways.

That's what the plate hunter is for (bug eyes). Thats 99% of what you get, insurance lapses! While we're on that subject, they need to make it a week or two before you get a lapse/suspension!

That's what the plate hunter is for (bug eyes). Thats 99% of what you get, insurance lapses! While we're on that subject, they need to make it a week or two before you get a lapse/suspension!

Agreed, NYSDMV is the most screwed up organization I have ever seen. About a year ago, I switched insurance companies and DMV sent me a suspension notice because according to them, I never had insurance to begin with. It took several hours of yelling to get it corrected.

As for the topic at hand, I would think it is illegal (especially in California) to pull somebody over for doing nothing wrong.

I had that insurance thing happen to me too...I learned later that the old company sent the DMV a nice letter after the new company had transmitted the information. The later told them that I was no longer insured. The DMV worker must have just stamped it, suspended my reg, and sent out the nice letter to me. I then had to prove I had insurance by going into an office. When they pulled up my account it showed the new company's name with the suspension for a lapse...however the notes showed the old company's name as declaring no insurance...way to read and verify both are the same!!!! However, now whenever I do anything with the DMV I always ask my cousin or aunt who work in the Peekskill office to keep an eye on it for me!

In our great state, even if you pulled over people for nothing and handed out hundreds they would complain! You can't do anything nice for anyone here!

In our great state, even if you pulled over people for nothing and handed out hundreds they would complain! You can't do anything nice for anyone here!

....and that mon amie, is because of the infamous New Yorker attitude.

Mike

....and that mon amie, is because of the infamous New Yorker attitude.

Mike

Did you just call me "my dear" or something??? hmmm :blink:

No, he actually referred to you as "his friend"!

No, he actually referred to you as "his friend"!

oh lol im not too much on the French language! :lol:

If I attempted to pull someone over to issue a Starbucks cerificate it would end up in one of these scenarios:

1. They would end up wrecking in the process and the law suit would begin soon after.

2. They would'nt be the outstanding citizen I thought they were and the high speed chase would begin.

You guys know what I mean but hey, if it works for them great.

No, mon amie= my friend.

oh lol im not too much on the French language! :lol:

Neither am I! :lol:

Mike

Edited by Future Fireman

Love the concept, not sure I can accept it as a good idea in reality. Suppose the cop decides to pull over a supposed good driver and gets somone else. Suppose he pulls over someone, who despite driving well has a record or somthing to hide etc...if the guy gets spooked or tries to run, it caueses a a potentially dangerous situation...I mean we all know criminals don't always stop when lit up...would be hell if it led to injuries or accidents all b/c of a uncessary (however well intentioned) thank you pullover.

Putting more thought into it, I think it would work in a road check enviroment where youre doing seatbelt enforcement and such, so when a soccer mom rolls through in a suv way too big for her with 4 kids all belted in their seats you can give her a reward! Although people do get mad at these things because of the traffic backup it might be a better alternative around here.

Putting more thought into it, I think it would work in a road check enviroment where youre doing seatbelt enforcement and such, so when a soccer mom rolls through in a suv way too big for her with 4 kids all belted in their seats you can give her a reward! Although people do get mad at these things because of the traffic backup it might be a better alternative around here.

For sure. Much more appropriate and safer than a traffic stop.

OnTheWheel,

Feel free to pull me over anytime.

DD Light and Sweet. LOL!

Be Safe!