Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Part-Time Officers

9 posts in this topic

Anyone know know of departments that hire part-time officers in Southern Westchester?

I don't believe Souther Westchester has any. But Lewisboro, Somers, North Salem and Pound Ridge do.

I don't believe Souther Westchester has any. But Lewisboro, Somers, North Salem and Pound Ridge do.

I think those are the only ones left in the County. Brewster and Cold Spring may hire in Putnam but that's about it for Westchester/Putnam.

The Part-Time guys are fully sworn Police Officers, right? Are there any full time guys who also do it part time?

Several Long Island departments hire Part timers.

The Part-Time guys are fully sworn Police Officers, right? Are there any full time guys who also do it part time?

Yeah, thats more along the lines of what I was wondering. Part-timers as in the 20 hours work week type thing.

Fully sworn yes - these days they are almost all retired from elsewhere because there are VERY few part-time police academy classes anywhere. Full-time it takes about six months to complete the academy and required field training so for a part-timer, that's a long schedule.

Most departments (though there are probably a few exceptions) do not allow an officer to hold more than one police job at a time. A lot of jobs won't even allow you to work a security job.

Anyone know know of departments that hire part-time officers in Southern Westchester?

Orange County as few departments with part-time officers. Maybrook, V/O Montgomery, V/O Florida, Greenwood Lake, Town of Crawford

A few more in Orange County...

Part-Time Police Officers

Village of Chester

Town of Chester

Highland Falls

Town of Highlands

Rockland County Sheriffs used to hire part timers to do prisoner transports. Don't know if they still do.