Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

Yorktown L68 for sale

12 posts in this topic

From the December 26,2007 The Journal News legal section:

"Notice of Public Sale of Ladder 68...the Board of Fire Commissioners of Yorktown Heights Fire District is hereby authorized to sell at public auction one 1968 Seagrave 100' center mount ladder truck...4:00PM February 12, 2008...".

Someone should buy that thing and keep it local for parades and such. What a great antique piece...and it was only recently re-placed.

Someone should buy that thing and keep it local for parades and such. What a great antique piece...and it was only recently re-placed.

It was Westchester county's oldest ladder in service for a long time...hate to see it go

Does anybody know why it's being sold? My very very second-hand impression is that it was running as a second due truck for Yorktown Heights. Hopefully, someone can clarify. Just curious.

-Joe DA BUFF

WOW. That is shocking. I was just thinking about this the other day. I had hoped YHFD would at least keep it as an antique. I really wish I had the money and space!!

WOW. That is shocking. I was just thinking about this the other day. I had hoped YHFD would at least keep it as an antique. I really wish I had the money and space!!

Try selling it to Mt Vernon. They have a new one that still 10-15

Yes, the rig really belongs in a museum, I’m really going to miss that rig, the first set of gear that I had came off it, and to answer the question when L-51 was out of service L-68 (former L-51) would be relocated to HQ it was sort of a spare, but probably could run second due if they didn’t take most of the equipment off. But I won best overall apparatus with it for this year’s inspection some how. Now I’m just going to have to figure out what to do since I’m the only guy with a Ladder 68 shield in the department.

How about trying to get it to go up to the firemen's museum in Hudson or a local one? I never got to see this rig up close yet but I would sure like to ride on it once.

I'd think about bidding on it, if Yorktown's Fire Commissioners would re-paint it back to it's original color!! Not too many people remember her being CREAM!

I know of 2-3 guys who'll be on that auction like white on rice just as soon as they hear about it. Should any of them win it, rest assured the rig will be preserved in excellent shape for as long as they're physically able.

Anyone know the location where it will take place?

I know of 2-3 guys who'll be on that auction like white on rice just as soon as they hear about it. Should any of them win it, rest assured the rig will be preserved in excellent shape for as long as they're physically able.

THEY ALLREADY KNOW ABOUT IT! ;)

http://www.yorktownfire.org/index.cfm?fs=n...amp;News_ID=112

the link to our website contains all the information you need on the bidding process. Enjoy, and best of luck!