Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FDNY EMS

11 posts in this topic

Anyone know about how long the current wait to get on FDNY EMS? Also, I know alot of ppl were transferring from ems to the fire dept. Does the age cut-off still apply if you were to go that route?

I don't think it's a very long wait at all. I think it might be as simple as applying, especially if you're already an EMT. As for moving from EMS to FDNY, that's not always the easiest thing to do. It's doable, but I don't know if your odds are any better than the open competative. Everything is worth at try.

How to become a FDNY EMT or Paramedic

APPLY BY PHONE!

Call and register your information with FDNY at (718) 999-2169/2179.between the hours of 8:00AM and 4:30 PM. It takes just a few minutes by phone! Be ready to give the following information: Your name, EMT or Paramedic certification number, REMAC expiration date (Paramedics only), Driver's License number, Home address, and telephone number. DO NOT SEND YOUR RESUME OR A LETTER - YOU MUST CALL. Your name will be placed into our provisional applicant database, and as vacancies occur; candidates will be contacted to arrange for their physical agility test, medical, psychological & background investigation processing.

Website: http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/communit...mployment.shtml

I applied in Febuary of 2006 and was in the October 2006 class...

JBJ

Station 19

19Boy Tour 1

No, full time or not at all. You can get a per diem job with one of the other EMS agencies in the city.

As of the fall they had enough names on the list for 6 months. In the summer they usually run 2 tours of students through the academy so it will go even faster. If you are thinking about joining EMS don't forget to apply for the civil service exam in March.

All of the requirements for firefighter apply to the promotional. Its the same process just a different list.

These guys have the right info.

As for the age, it does apply, which is unfortunate.

No, full time or not at all. You can get a per diem job with one of the other EMS agencies in the city.

Speaking of which, does anyone know of any per diem places that are hiring in the city??

If so could you provide some links/info.....

These guys have the right info.

As for the age, it does apply, which is unfortunate.

That is unfortunate but thank you for the response. Thanks to everyone else as well.

Speaking of which, does anyone know of any per diem places that are hiring in the city??

If so could you provide some links/info.....

You could try TransCare Ambulance (www.transcare.com) or any of the many private hospital ambulances.