Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rfdu39

Shooting a propane tank

8 posts in this topic

Here is a video of some idiots shooting a propane tank.

Edited by pcfdrfd700

Ironically, Myth Busters had a 007 special on last night that I watched. One of the Myths was causing a propane tank to explode with a 9mm. Basically with a 9mm at 20 feet it wouldn't penetrate the tank. They ended up trying a 30-06 with incendiary rounds and still failed to explode it. For the finale they had a .50 Gatlin Mini-gun. Now that was a pretty impressive bit of footage :D Hate to be anywhere near the receiving end of one of those things .....

Reminds me of redneck fireworks up on Lake Champlain. Large black garbage bag filled with propane and tied off. Float it out there and shoot it with a flaming arrow, flare gun(surprisingly accurate), whatever floats your boat.

Ironically, Myth Busters had a 007 special on last night that I watched. One of the Myths was causing a propane tank to explode with a 9mm. Basically with a 9mm at 20 feet it wouldn't penetrate the tank. They ended up trying a 30-06 with incendiary rounds and still failed to explode it. For the finale they had a .50 Gatlin Mini-gun. Now that was a pretty impressive bit of footage :D Hate to be anywhere near the receiving end of one of those things .....

I think it was a portable gas tank they were shooting at....at least thats the one I saw. Caught on fire when it was hit with the tracer rounds.

This propane shooting video is even worse, one of the guys get hit by something. No injuries though, which is always a good thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNuFxo9eV5I...feature=related