Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Westchester County DES "Station 7" Almost Ready To Go

22 posts in this topic

Westchester County DES is close to completion on it's "Support Services Building", or as it's known in the field, "Station 7". This building is located on Bee-Line drive, right on the corner of Dana Rd. (used to be a wooded area just east of current DES building)

This building, when completed, will have a large warehouse (that in my hopes can be converted into living quarters down the line). On the far end of the picture is a large parking lot for training, with stairs actually close to the classrooms (no more of a long haul with gear). The main feature of Station 7, is 7 bays. Has an emergency generator.

It is slated to house:

-Engine 7, 2001 International/E-One

-Ladder 7, 200? HME/Smeal 100' RM

-Technical Rescue 77, 2001 Spartan/Saulsbury

-Hazmat 1, 2007 Spartan/Hackney

-Field Com 1, 2007 Freightliner

-Support 7, 2001 Freightliner Straight Moving Van

-?????

They have built a new pump test facilty by the pond. So, the old garage will then be converted into an audotorium and additional classrooms and practical skills space, last I heard.

Photo by me today:

post-11-1200605181.jpg

Looking forward to the flexibility that the building will have to offer.

Here is another view. As you can see, the "warehouse" portion has a loading dock.

post-11-1200837627.jpg

Seth...I've probably seen hundreds...if not over a 1000 pics you have taken over the years...but for some reason the ones of that building have to be some of the crispest I've seen. The detail and quality of those 2 pics stands out to me. Nice job.

Seth...I've probably seen hundreds...if not over a 1000 pics you have taken over the years...but for some reason the ones of that building have to be some of the crispest I've seen. The detail and quality of those 2 pics stands out to me. Nice job.

Thank you :D

Hope to get more photos of this building once it goes into service.

"Station 7"??? Nah, I think it should be Station 60, since it's next door to 60 Control.

Good to see that they did something with that land. We would play football and do PT up there when I was in probie school.

Can someone tell me what this will be used for - as an out of stater, I'm not up on what DES 7 is in Westchester.

It's easier to park at Station 7 now instead of the police academy lot. Shorter walk.

Can someone tell me what this will be used for - as an out of stater, I'm not up on what DES 7 is in Westchester.

It's not really a fire station. It is a garage / storage facility being built on the Fire Training Center property. It's being referred to as "Station 7" because many of the DES vehicles are "7's." Like Seth said, it will be used to house (from what I hear):

Engine 7

Ladder 7

Rescue 77 (TRT)

Utility 77 (TRT)

Haz-Mat 1

Utility 78 (HM Support)

Field Comm 1

It also has a warehouse / storage facility in it for supplies and resources. A 200 car parking lot was also put in south of this building on Walker Road, east of the Training Center.

It's nice to see the ongoing upgrades to the County's Emergency Service center. I remember taking classes where a "car fire" was a traffic cone and our "engine" was a shopping cart with donut rolls in it!!!

For those of us not in the know, what is utility 78 and what is it used for as a Haz-Mat support?

It's not really a fire station. It is a garage / storage facility being built on the Fire Training Center property. It's being referred to as "Station 7" because many of the DES vehicles are "7's." Like Seth said, it will be used to house (from what I hear):

Engine 7

Ladder 7

Rescue 77 (TRT)

Utility 77 (TRT)

Haz-Mat 1

Utility 78 (HM Support)

Field Comm 1

Thanks 585

So, these apparatus are those that are assigned to the Fire Training Center, right?

How does the County operate the Field Comm 1 unit, as well as Utility 78?

Thanks again

As far as U78 goes - I truly have no idea.

FC1 is staffed by us, the 60 Control Dispatchers. When a request is made for it we usually do a callback to get 2 operators to respond. If it's during the day and extra personnel are in house, they will respond. Sometimes you'll see just one of us, other times you may even see up to 4.

FYI to all, the new FC1 is in service and running calls.

What was FC1's first run?

I saw a picture of it at Mount Kisco's second alarm a few weeks ago...was that its first time "on the job"?

What was FC1's first run?

I saw a picture of it at Mount Kisco's second alarm a few weeks ago...was that its first time "on the job"?

Nope, it went down county first - I just can't remember where at the moment! But that Kisco fire was the first time in it for me, so that was nice ($). :rolleyes:

Nope, it went down county first - I just can't remember where at the moment! But that Kisco fire was the first time in it for me, so that was nice ($). :rolleyes:

Glad MK could help you!!!! :P:blink:

Glad MK could help you!!!! :P:blink:

Thanks!

I am told that FC 1 made it's first response to Eastchester, with 622 & 629. The Captain, 614, was also on scene.

Thanks!

I am told that FC 1 made it's first response to Eastchester, with 622 & 629. The Captain, 614, was also on scene.

642 are you and your co-workers required to take EVOC before driving that monster? :blink:

Looks impressive does anyone know the total cost of the structure????